Dress

Here it was, the final day. Most of my stuff was packed back into my suitcase, waiting by the door. The only things I still had out were my wallet, purse, and an outfit for the upcoming creator party later in the evening. Minx heard about it from a friend, and decided it would be fun for all of us to go. 

I don't know about anyone else, but my only motivation for going was to meet Lizzie, better known as LDShadowlady, I may or may not be a fan.

Although we were a little concerned about the weather, we'd gotten super lucky with the warm air and sunny skies for the past two days. Tonight, it was supposed to pour. That wasn't going to stop us from going though, but it was something to keep in mind.

The day passed by with little excitement. Most of it was left to packing and preparing to leave. But around 5 pm, we were ready to head out. I checked myself in the mirror one final time, I was wearing a mesh black top with a lacy black bralette underneath. 

I had black jean shorts- did I mention I was wearing black? Thankfully I was wearing silver jewelry over top, a few bracelets and necklaces did the trick. I twisted my hair into a high ponytail, curtain bangs hanging loosely against my head, and decided I was ready.

I walked out of the bathroom to find almost everyone waiting near the door, I tried really really hard not to look at Wilbur, and try to read his face. But it didn't matter, Niki's eyes darted between me and Wilbur, and shot me a sly smile. Was it that obvious?

We piled into Wilbur's beaten up van, all of us excited to meet our favorite creators who we'd spent so long watching. The car ride felt like 10 hours and 10 minutes at the same time, but in reality it was about an hour's drive. Finally, we arrived at the pop-up YouTube space, which was being held at a warehouse in the city.

Walking inside was dramatic, the whole space had been transformed into something reminiscent of a casino. With no windows, the lighting was a warm red glow, and the air was smoky. A few bars could be spotted across the room. One for alcohol, the others for food. There was a lounge space in the far right, a circle of red couches, and on the opposite wall a stage for live music. There were a few other details I'd missed, just trying to take it all in, and readjust to the suddenly lively environment.

I slowly walked around, along with George as he didn't seem to know anyone there either. Everyone else was busy reconnecting or meeting friends. Wilbur had brought his guitar, so he was probably busy serenading strangers, or doing something else Wilbur-like.

We spotted an empty photo booth, almost hidden in a corner.

"Wanna take a few?" I asked, unsure of what else to do.

"Yeah sure," George replied ducking under the curtain, and I followed close behind.

I realized these were a lot more awkward than anticipated.

The clock started counting down, indicating it was about to take it's first picture. I didn't quite know what to do with my hands.

But George had another idea, when the clock was on 1, I felt a jab to my ribs.

"HEY" I yelled, bursting out in laughter, and reaching to hit him back.

click

Hearing the camera take the picture made me laugh even harder. The following few pictures were a series of moments caught in our mini-slap-fight.

Shaking in laughter we went to pick up the pictures, we looked insane, but in a good way. I think I was starting to loosen up.

After the successful bonding photography session with George, I felt more comfortable finding my friends, and talking to whomever was hanging around the group.