Chapter 11

Gingerheart knew something horrible was happening in the medicine den. Finally she couldn't take it and she ran to the medicine den, knowing it was before dawn. She padded into the medicine den, smelling death in a room. She started crying, and she wailed with disbelief and grief. In front of her was the rotting body of Moonglow. Blacktail ran to her, freezing with shock. Gingerheart padded over to Blacktail and cried on his shoulder. Everyone woke up, hearing Gingerheart's wail of grief. They padded over to the entrance of the medicine den. Hallowstar pushed her way in, and put her tail on Gingerheart's shoulder, trying to comfort her. Silverleaf had already knew what had happened. She padded over to Oakstripe. He looked up and shook all over. "Save me, he's going to come back...." Silverleaf nodded, and tried to comfort him. Silverleaf padded over to Gingerheart, and pulled her aside. "Moonglow will be seeing you in your dreams tonight, she will have a message to give to you." Gingerheart nodded and padded over to the fresh-kill pile. She reluctantly picked out a Robin and sat down alone.

Gingerheart fell asleep next to Blacktail, his warmth comforting her. She woke up in a lush green forest. Looking around she saw Moonglow sitting by a hole, looking down. Gingerheart padded over to her and looked down the hole as well. "Don't grieve for me Gingerheart. I'll always be watching you in StarClan." Gingerheart nodded, and her eyes started tearing up again. Moonglow looked back to the hole again. "Oakstripe is being possessed by a dark forest cat called Darkscar. He's been training with him, and now since he was made deputy, Darkscar has made his move." Gingerheart gasped, and thought in fear. "Is that why his eye colours changed?" Moonglow nodded. "Darkscar killed me. And he's tried coming to Starclan, making this hole to get here. Most of us have been guarding it, but we found more holes and the smell of Darkscar." Gingerheart still sat, thinking. "How do we get Darkscar out of Oakstripe?" Moonglow thought as well. "Oakstripe will have to fight Darkscar out of him, but if he fights him, he'll get possessed again." Moonglow turned to Gingerheart. "When Oakstripe fights off Darkscar, it will be your turn Gingerheart." Gingerheart nodded, and heard the prophecy ring in her ears again.