Chapter 7

Gingerheart led the family back to camp. But she stopped the group outside the camp. "I'll go get Hallowstar." She swiftly padded to the leaders den and poked her head inside. "Hallowstar? I would like to show you something outside the camp." She heard an echo as Hallowstar stood up and padded over to Gingerheart. "Alright, lead the way." Gingerheart led Hallowstar to the group and sat down with her tail curled around her paws. "Hallowstar, Snowburst, Maplerise and Owlfur. My aunt and cousins." Hallowstar sat next to Gingerheart, baffled. "Aren't you three StreamClan warriors?" The three nodded and looked down at thier paws. Gingerheart answered for them. "Two-legs invaded some territory of StreamClan, and they got kicked out." Hallowstar nodded, noticing Birchfall with them. "You may stay in LightningClan." Gingerheart's ears perked up and she smiled. Snowburst, Maplerise, and Owlfur looked up at Hallowstar. "Thank you." The six padded into camp with suspicious glares and growls. "You can start your dusk watch with Oakstripe. Gingerheart. I'll announce the newcomers in the morning." Gingerheart nodded and padded into the warriors den, tapping Oakstripe on the shoulder with her tail. "Ready for the dusk watch?" Oakstripe nodded and they sat down at the camp entrance.

Oakstripe looked up at the sky, now moon high. He thought about if Darkscar would be angry at him, or if he'd be congratulated at him for becoming a warrior. He would be late, that's for sure. He wondered when Brackenclaw would retire from being Deputy, or he would die in a skirmish with another clan. He thought about Hailfall and how beautiful she is. He purred and stopped, looking around embarresed. He blinked his eyes and his a yawn. He looked over at Gingerheart, who was looking at Silverpelt.

Gingerheart wondered if Oakstripe noticed Snowburst, Maplerise, and Owlfur arrive in camp. She looked at Blacktail, her eyes happy. She hoped he would ask her to be his mate soon. She looked at the high rock, noticing her former mentor was laying down, her tail swishing back and forth. She looked back in front of her, feeling exhausted. She yawned loudly, and her shoulders started sagging. Suddenly she saw the forest glowing. Her eyes locked on a birch tree and a robin settling in a branch. An oak tree was next to the birch tree, standing taller then the birch. "The Ginger from the Birch and Robin must save the clans from the helpless Oak." A voice echoed through her thoughts and her eyes widened. She suddenly fell to the ground, her eyes growing heavy, and finally she slept.