Chapter 10

Gingerheart woke up to Oakstripe cornering Blacktail. She blinked, thinking she saw something wrong with the picture, but it was happening. "Oakstripe, are you mouse-brained? What are you doing?" Oakstripe looked at her menacingly, then he shook his head. He took a step back from Blacktail, confused. "What happened?" He sat down on his haunches, looking around. Gingerheart padded over to Oakstripe. "Are you okay Oakstripe?" He blinked and nodded. "I think I just need to see Moonglow..." He padded away and Gingerheart looked at Blacktail, thinking. "What did he try to do to you?" Blacktail shrugged.

Moonglow looked at Oakstripe. He looked confused. "What's the matter Oakstripe?" Suddenly his eyes turned dark brown. "Nothing but death." He smiled crazily, and Moonglow took a step back from him. Hailfall came in and looked at Oakstripe, holding a mouse. "Want to share this mouse Oakstripe?" Moonglow looked in confusion as she saw Oakstripes eyes turn back to its regular blue color. "Sure!" Oakstripe looked confused and blinked at Moonglow, scared. Oakstripe and Hailfall padded outside, and Gingerheart padded in with Blacktail. "You saw that right Moonglow? He cornered Blacktail as well. What did he mean by Nothing but Death?" Moonglow was in thought. I'm going to die tonight aren't i? She looked up and saw the fading moon shine a bit brighter, as if answering her. "Gingerheart, remember what I said." Gingerheart looked confused. "What do you mean?" Moonglow looked at Gingerheart, her gaze saddened. "Look at his personalities. And remember me after tonight." With that Moonglow padded out of the medicine den and into Hallowstar's den. "What did she say, remember me after tonight?" Gingerheart's eyes teared up, knowing what was coming for her friend. "Oakstripe.... He's different." She looked at his eyes. "His eyes are blue, but his eyes right now are dark brown. And look at the way he's walking....." She looked closer and saw that he was limping. She gasped, realising what the prophecy was telling her. "I must save him..." Blacktail looked at Gingerheart, his eyes concerned. Gingerheart padded over to Oakstripe. "Oakstripe, snap out of it." Oakstripe growled at his sister. "Your beloved friend will be with the dead tonight." And with that Oakstripe collapsed. He stood up again, in his regular self.

Oakstripe looked up at the moon, shining brightly with the Stars around it. He sneaked over to the medicine den, and saw Moonglow. He smiled happily and started towards her. Moonglow stood up and looked straight at Oakstripe. "Fight him Oakstripe. I know your listening, fight Darkscar." Oakstripe snarled at her, and slashed her throat open. Suddenly Oakstripes legs buckled underneath him, and was replaced with his blue eyes. Oakstripe sat up and stood over Moonglow. "I didn't mean it, what do I do?!" Moonglow looked up at Oakstripe. "Try to fight him...." With that her eyes rolled into her head, and she stopped breathing. Oakstripe gasped and he rolled her over, wanting to be rid of his burden. He put miss over her and he padded away into the warriors den again.