Chapter 2

Gingerkit woke up and stretched, looking around to see where Oakkit was. She padded outside of the nursery and narrowed her eyes. "He always sneaks up on me, but not this time." She looked around, then was pinned down. She turned her head and hissed playfully "Oakkit! Get off of me! Your too fat!" Oakkit got off of his sister and looked hurt. "I'm not fat! I was just born before you! I'm strong with muscles, not fat!" Birchfall shook her head laughing. "Stop your bickering and come over here you two." Gingerkit was about to turn when she saw Moonglow. She had made a friendship with the medicine cat. She didn't want to train to be a medicine cat, she wanted to be the best warrior ever. "Hi Moonglow!" Moonglow turned and smiled at Gingerkit. "Hello Gingerkit, ready for your Apprenticeship tomorrow?" Gingerkit and Oakkit gasped. "I totally forgot we were going to be apprentices tomorrow!" Gingerkit started bouncing around, but Oakkit was just sitting there. Moonglow stood frozen, looking at nothing in her eyes. Hallowstar was watching the kits from her den, then looked at Moonglow as her fur stood on end. Moonglow shook her head and took a step back, now in the real world. She looked fearful at Oakkit, and whispered something in Birchfall's ear. Birchfall looked confused, but nodded. "Kits, me and Robinfeather are going to go talk to Moonglow, Hallowstar, and Brackenclaw for your Apprenticeship tomorrow ok? Why don't you go to the medicine den and get a drink of water." The kits nodded and scampered off to the tiny pond beside the medicine den. Birchfall and Robinfeather followed Moonglow into the leaders den. Hallowstar beckoned Brackenclaw with her tail and they both went inside her den. Moonglow turned to the group of cats. "I was told a prophecy, and it said The Ginger from the Birch and Robin will save the clans from the helpless Oak. When I looked at Oakkit, I saw the forest darkening, and Oakkit, bigger and stronger, I believe a warrior, was trying to kill Gingerkit. She was fighting back but crying. And then the vision ended, I didn't get the chance to see who else was there, or what happened next." Hallowstar and Brackenclaw were in thought, but Birchfall and Robinfeather were angry. "Our kits would never fight each other! Maybe you had a warning, not something that was going to happen." Moonglow nodded. "I know, I only just got the prophecy. I'll try to speak to StarClan tomorrow and get some more answers. I'm thinking it's got something to do with cats in LightningClan, not the other clans." They padded out of the den, and Gingerkit and Oakkit were waiting by the nursery, restless for thier apprenticeships tomorrow.