one || waking up alive

As Kyla shoot her eyes open, they were welcomed by a few serious and worried faces.

Suddenly a bunch of different mixed feelings took control all over her mind and body - anger and aggression, fear and confusion - and she started to fight with the last of her strength. She didn't know any of these people or the place she was at neither.

"Hold her tight." A tall man in a light blue scrub in front of Kyla said as other people started to tie the girl down to the bed she was lying on. Kyla didn't know what to expect. Her efforts to scream were interrupted by a tube that was roughly pushed into her throat.

"I didn't imagine hell this way." She thought to herself quietly.

Even though Kyla's vision was blurry, she could see a plenty of medical equipment and supplies placed all over this worry-filled room, there the unknown people were battling for her life.

"Calm down, darling. You're at the hospital. No one is going to harm you. We are just going to pump your stomach." A lady next to Kyla said in a sweet voice, gently stroking girl's forehead.

"Are you sure? I should be in a morgue by now." Another dark thought ran over her mind.

"Nancy, take a sample of blood for testing." The same man told that woman and she immediately obeyed.

"Malcolm, 5 millilitres of Valium." He commanded once again. A few moments later, a young man rushed to Kyla with a big syringe in his hands and pressed the needle into girl's veins, pushing it forward to inject the drug.

As Kyla's weakness couldn't grow no bigger, she stopped to try to pointlessly escape. She relaxed soon and dived into the bed covers, letting  the doctors do that they got to do. Kyla was in a good condition for doctors to continue on sewing her slit wrists' skin back together, without having to tame down her anxiety attack. 

Kyla was looking lifelessly at the bright white ceiling, reminiscing about the last four hours that felt like forever. She couldn't except the fact that destiny gave her another chance to start a new, better life. Girl slightly shook her head as to the most obnoxious thought.

"I got the blood test results. Aspirin overdose." A slim, gray-haired woman announced loudly as she entered the room. The diagnose didn't seem to surprise the doctors - they were probably used to this kind of incidents.

"Bill, may I speak to you for a second?" The lady approached to that same man - probably a main surgeon - and he walked closer to her, leaving some other doctors to look after Kyla's care.

Even though Kyla was still in a poor state, she could faintly hear that they were talking about.

"Bill, this is serious. When I was researching her blood sample, I found the kidney damage. We will have to keep her there for a long period of time, before..." By the last words the woman leaned closer to the surgeon's ear and as a result Kyla couln't hear her anymore.

Another surgeon made a last few stitches on Kyla's wrists before covering them with a bandage. "Today is your lucky day, miss." She said, a spice of malice in her tone. The woman bowed her head to some nurses as a signal to take away the hospital bed in which the small, emotionless figure was lying.

-

I know the this one wasn't that great and bearing in mind that this is my first story on Wattpad, but I hope it will get better as soon as Luke gets involved. ((:

I still don't know about my updating schedule, but I will try to update every week or so, depending on how busy I am that week.

Until next time,

- Laura