xv. cause' when you're 15

Start from the beginning

"Come on let's go." Alex says, holding his hand out. She grabs it and they walk to class together.

...

Valeria walks out of Chemistry class and starts to walk back to her locker but an arm comes into contact with her shoulder and she looks behind her and Matt stands there smiling. "The Vicks worked!" Valeria exclaims and Matt laughs and picks her up in a hug.

"Happy birthday!" He squeals and he eventually walks over to his locker. Valeria puts her stuff away and walks outside of the school to her friends lunch table. Only Alex and Hugo were there so she definitely got there early.

She sits down on the right side of Alex and he passes her a plastic bowl of what looks like chicken alfredo. She looks at him confused and all he's doing is smiling. "I know you didn't get this from the cafeteria." Valeria says.

"I bought it for you this morning." Alex says, placing his hand on her thigh.

"Thank you. Te amo." Valeria gives him a quick kiss.

"Yo también te amo." Alex replies and Hugo rolls his eyes.

"Stop making me feel single all of the time." Hugo huffs and they laugh. They start eating and talking and the rest of the group comes shortly after.

"Open mine first!" Jade exclaims and hands Valeria a small box. Valeria looks at it and notices the words "Vivienne Westwood" on the top.

"Are you serious?" Valeria asks shocked and Jade shakes her head. Valeria opens it and it's the very iconic pearl necklace. "Thank you!" Valeria runs to the other side of the table and hugs her.

As soon as she sits back down Finn slides over a rectangle box in front of her. Valeria was surprised that he actually took the time to buy her something but she doesn't say anything and opens it, revealing a pair of brown converse. "Alex helped me pick them out for you. If he didn't you would get nothing." Finn smiles.

"Thanks, asshole." Valeria flicks his forehead and he groans and rubs the spot.

"This is kind of a group gift but Celeste and I went to the store to make it." Hugo says and pulls out a bag and hands it to her. She tosses the tissue paper and reaches into the bag and pulls out a teddy bear.

"It has all of our initials sewed into it." Celeste smiles. "Squeeze it, there's a recording."

Valeria does what she says and squeezes its belly and the recording starts to play. "We love you!" All of them yell. "I love you more than the rest of them." Alex speaks. "Shut the fuck up." Finn whines. Valeria laughs. "I love you guys." She says.

"Open mine. The best for last." Alex smirks and she rolls her eyes. He hands her the box that has a silver necklace with an 'A' on it. "I'm wearing the 'V'." Alex takes the necklace out from under his shirt. Valeria turns to the side and hugs him tightly.

"I gave you shoes and I didn't get a hug." Finn complains.

"Hmm...do you really deserve it?" Valeria asks and Finns mouth hangs open. "I'm kidding." She laughs and hugs him.

"Do you still wanna go bowling tonight?" Celeste asks and Valeria nods.

"We just can't stay out too late." Valeria informs them.

"Actually I think we might have to cancel bowling." Hugo says while nudging Alex.

"Why?" Valeria tilts her head at him.

"Umm because...of the..." Alex starts.

"Rain." Hugo finishes his sentence for him. "Yeah, the rain." Alex shakes his head.