Our distance

The first thing Alex did was wake to the mellow buzz of his phone.

He rolled over sleepily to fumble the table next to him for his phone, the bright light from the screen momentarily blinding him in his still semi-dark room. After his eyes adjusted to the radiance the name on the screen rendered in his head, making his heart flutter, of course it was none other than George.

It would be midday for him right about now; the text had read 'stream with me later? x', it was a simple request but it meant so much more coming from him.
'Sure! Give me around 40 mins-1 hour to set up then i'll be ready x', he replied.

He was now a man that sent kisses in his text messages, to be fair he had sent them ironically to George during discussions post-stream but only really to be jokingly flirtatious.

But now it was for real, these kisses, though small, had intentions far more significant regarding last night's heartfelt events. He let his arm rest on his chest, staring up towards the ceiling as his body recalled everything he previously felt. It was so liberating, he never expected the physical relief from not only confessing his love to George, but also having his feelings reciprocated simultaneously? He was in heaven, he had no doubt in the world.

His phone buzzed on his chest, he raised to see that George had responded 'sounds good, can't wait :) x'. Alex read the words over and over until the message had been burned into his brain, there was no way he wasn't still dreaming.

After pinching his arm lightly and concluding that he was in fact very very conscious, he allowed his butterflies to subside he placed the phone back on his dresser, sitting up and shaking the sleep out from his hair, rising up and out of bed and towards the shower to begin his day.

While he showered he did something he would never usually do, and that was sing. His current favorite song being 'La Vuelta al Mundo' by Calle 13, he began considering playing it on stream for a subgoal at some point if he felt confident enough, or maybe even to George if he asked nicely. Grateful for the cool water to contradict the hot climate, he ran his hands through his hair and over his face as he felt everything wash away; anxious thoughts and nerves drifted away with the water, the heat from the night dissipating into the drain below.

No words could really describe the way in which he was feeling, the memories of his previous interactions with George had now been sweetened with the reality that he liked him back; past flirtations had a meaning that Alex had entertained, but to become what he had only meant to entertain never failed to spark joy in his chest.

He was nervous.
In all honesty he was nervous before any stream he did, except this one had a hint of danger. This would be the second time he and George would've spoken since Alex confessed, so with that in mind, he had to remain calm and collected without making anything too obvious to his viewers. Although they had already made up their own 'qnf' fantasies through the duo's flirtations before anything even happened, knowing full well they had no real intention of dating- well, up until now.

Alex suddenly realized his position. He and George were in fact, not at all dating, he wasn't even sure if they could due to distance. The conclusion to their phone call consisted of an acknowledgment to what they each felt about one another, not their relationship status. But it was entirely possible, he knew that for certain.

So, in short, they just knew they liked each other, it wasn't much more than that but it was still a beginning. Alex ran his tongue over his lips in thought, he wanted George to know he liked him, so much that he would be willing to pursue a committed relationship from several thousand miles away; although from what George had said from last night,
I've seen the way you look at me
Alex was certain George knew how he felt.