chapter twenty five

"Silencio!"

"Nope."

"Damn."

The Marauders and Ophelia had been studying for their Charms OWLs for the past hour, and so far, they had only managed to work on the Silencing Charm, as Peter couldn't successfully do it and they didn't want to go on without him.

"Pete, show me your wand movement again," suggested Ophelia.

"I've shown it to you about a hundred times," Peter protested.

"Yes I know, but I'm afraid that's what keeps messing you up," she said gently.

Peter groaned but did the wand movement for Ophelia once again.

"See, after the dip, you have to come all the way back up before flicking it down. You're doing this," she demonstrated. "And you need to be doing it like this."

Peter watched her carefully, not wanting to hold the group back any longer, and did the wand movement again.

"Perfect! Do it exactly like that, and I'm sure you'll get it correctly!"

Peter pointed his wand at James and said, "Silencio." James, who was talking quietly to Sirius, immediately became quiet. He didn't stop moving his mouth for a second before realising that no sound was coming out.

"You did it! Great job Peter!" Ophelia exclaimed, proudly.

Peter beamed at them all, excited to have finally gotten it right.

Sirius dramatically fell onto Peter's lap, "I'm so proud of you wormy! But I'm bored!"

"What would you rather do?" Peter asked.

"I don't know. Have you got any ideas?"

"We could do a prank? It's been a while since we've done a big one."

James and Sirius shot up at this, grinning giddly like toddlers.

"Anyone have any ideas?"

"What if we were to fill a bunch of balloons with confetti or glitter, something that would make a big mess, enchant them all so that they would be invisible, and then tomorrow morning at breakfast, they all pop at the same time," Remus casually suggested.

The group looked at him, not knowing whether to be impressed or unsurprised. He was always the one who came up with the best pranks, but they were always still shocked after he said something like this, because who would suspect the perfect Remus Lupin to ever think of a thing like this?

"I love it," James simply said.

"Ok so gameplan," Sirius took charge. "Where the hell are we going to get a bunch of balloons?"

"Don't worry, I can take care of it," said Remus, who received suspicious looks from the rest of the group. "What? I'll just go down to Hogsmeade. There's bound to be balloons somewhere there."

"Alright. We need to get glitter and confetti too. They probably have some of that in Hogsmeade too, wherever Moony is going."

"I can go with Remus!" piped up Peter.

"James, could you find a way to keep them all up in the air until tomorrow, and then a spell to pop them when it's time?"

"I'll get right on it," he said, as he got up to grab his invisibility cloak and go to the library.

"Hey mate, we need the cloak too," Sirius reminded him.

"Oh right. Uh, how about the three of us take it, we go down to the library, you drop me off there, and then you two head to the statue of the one eyed witch."