𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ SA

Noelani and Vinnie were hanging out in her airbnb watching a movie. They were cuddling under the blanket with each other. Vinnie looked over at Noelani, noticing a tear leaving her eye.

"Are you crying?" Vinnie asks while smiling subtly.

"No...it's my allergies" Noelani responds as she tries to discreetly wipe her eyes.

"Why are you crying Lani?"

"It's just-"

"This isn't fair! She doesn't deserve this. She was kidnapped and raped, but no one will believe her!...it's fucked up" Noelani says, now full on balling her eyes out.

"Hey hey hey it's okay..come here." Vinnie says while pulling her in closer to him.

He was confused as why the movie was affecting her this much. Vinnie knew it was a lot more than just the movie that was making her cry like this.

After crying into his shoulder for a few minutes Noelani was able to gather herself and calm down.

"I'm so sorry..I don't know what came over me." Noelani said embarrassed.

"No it's fine. You don't have to apologize at all." Vinnie says still holding her.

"Do you want to talk about it? I have a feeling it wasn't just the movie. I- I mean it's fine if you don't..I just thought that maybe um..maybe uh you'd feel better if you talked to someone about i-" At this point Vinnie was ranting. He didn't want to push her to open up about something she may not be ready for.

"Vinnie it's fine..I want to tell you." Noelani responded as she looked up at him.

"Okay yeah." Vinnie sat up and they both sat across from each other. He took her
hands in his and waited for her to start.

"Well you know my ex Kona right?"

"Yeah I remember you saying things didn't end well between you two."

"There's a lot more to it..He uh-"

"He um...for the better part of our relationship mentally and sexually abused me." Noelani explained starting to tear up.

Vinnie just squeezed her hands to show that he's there for her. When he heard what Noelani said all he could feel was anger. Even though they haven't put a label on anything. Both Vinnie and Noelani know that there's more than a friendship going on here.

"It took me a while to get out of that and speak up, but when I went to the police no one believed me." Vinnie's eyes starting to become glossy as Noelani continued.

"He was the golden child, everyone knew him as the perfect son, brother, friend. I guess they just assumed he was the perfect boyfriend."

"So when I went to the police, he obviously just told them I was making things up to be dramatic. I guess his father being a the chief of police didn't help either...I mean of course my parents believed me and my sister, and Chisom, but everyone else though I was making it up. We shared the same friends, so most of them took his side. I tried to get a restraining order against him because he would keep harassing me. Unfortunately that was denied for "lack of evidence". So I just had to let it go and let people believe I was some manipulative liar trying to gain attention."

Vinnie was at a loss for words. I mean how do you respond to that information. He would've never guessed that behind her smile she was hiding all that trauma. All he could do was just look at her.

"Well say something.." Noelani said nervously as she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"I just wish I knew you when all of this happened." Vinnie started.

"I swear I would've beat his ass so bad Lani. I want to find him and hurt him for everything he put you through." Vinnie rants and his fists are balled up.

"We don't need you going to jail over that piece of shit Vin." Noelani said putting her hand over his in attempts to calm him down.

There were a couple moments of silence of them just looking at their intertwined hands before Vinnie looked up into her eyes.

"Lani...you are the strongest woman i've ever met." He said making her blush.

"Vin.." Noelani responds smiling a little bit.

"No i'm serious. You're incredible and you need to know that."

They both stared into each other's eyes. Vinnie looked down at Noelani's lips before leaning in slowly. She starts to lean in as well.

"Is this okay?" Vinnie asks as their lips are less than an inch away from each other.

"Just kiss me." Noelani breaths out as she pull him in finally connecting their lips.

"Wow." They both say simultaneously as they pull away.

Noelani giggled before pulling him in for another kiss.