'What? Is that weird?'

"Cold Brew goes bad after about a week."

'It does?' I heard his tone drop completely.

"Google it."

'Okay hold on.' I heard a few footsteps, then tapping on a keyboard. 'Ah fuck.'

"You didn't know that?"

'Listen, I'm a smart guy, but I never really delved into the science of coffee. Maybe I can freeze it.'

"You can try." I held back a grin. "You're more of a smoothie guy hey?"

'How did you know that?'

"I've worked with you for eight months, and almost every day you've got a smoothie from Buzz's. I'm a detective remember?"

'So am I, and I only know two things about you Carter.'

"What might they be?" I smiled to myself while I put a Gucci dress on a hanger.

'Cold brew, Billy Joel.'

"That's a pretty accurate representation of me." I let out a laugh.

'But that can't be everything.' He said. I heard the sound of coffee pouring in the background.

It wasn't everything. He knew nothing about me, but he was still trying to make me cold brew. What a man. If I was going to die, if he's the one taking me to Vienna, I guess want him to have known me.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, trying to hide the uncertainty in my voice.

'What's your favourite colour pretty girl?'

"Blue."

'What shade? Be specific.'

The blue I was thinking of was never the same. In the sunlight, it was vibrant like sea glass. When it was angry, it was a pale grey. My absolute favourite was when they looked at the stars. They were a pretty silver when they did that, reflecting the light of the moon.

"Ocean. Ocean blue is my favourite." I replied simply.

'That's what I thought you would say.' He sounded like he took a sip of something. 'Oh dear god that's horrible!'

"What did you do this time?" I laughed.

'I used a different sized strainer.' I could hear him spitting it out probably into the kitchen sink. 'It was chunky.'

"Ew!" I scrunched up my nose, picturing what chunky coffee would taste like.

I was about to make a joke when I saw something out of the corner of my eye from the window.

'I learned how to play Vienna on the piano too.'

"Hold on Horan." I cut him off as I hung up the outfit I was holding and walked towards the window.

Outside I saw a big black car with a driver, and two people standing outside of it. Two girls. One older, and a child. The woman was talking to the driver through the window of the car, while the child was examining the dark gravel on the driveway, picking up stones that seemed to be particularly shiny.

"Who is that?" I asked. "I've met her before."

'That's Felicity I believe.' He responded.

"She's got suitcases." I observed the many bags that sat outside the trunk of the car.

'And a child.'