Having feelings doesn't make you weak

(Alec)

I stayed there with her on my arms trying to calm her down. She was hugging me tightly, sobbing against my chest. I held her as I slowly stroked her hair, trying to soothe her, and it seemed to work.

"Hey it's ok , I'm here" I whisper into her ear trying to calm her down

"Hey it's ok , I'm here" I whisper into her ear trying to calm her down .

"don't lie to me , everyone leaves me and so are you " she says while crying . I pause hating that she's right I can't be with her I have to marry Lydia .

After a while, when she was no longer sobbing, I glanced down to get a glimpce of her and as I thought, her eyes were peacefully closed

After a while, when she was no longer sobbing, I glanced down to get a glimpce of her and as I thought, her eyes were peacefully closed. She had fallen asleep. I placed one hand  behind her neck, and the other one around her waist and carefully layed her down on the bed, trying not to wake her up.

My heart ached as I stared at her, seeing the dry tears on her cheeks.  I was about to leave the room but I felt something tug my hand I turned around to see mads looking up at me .

"stay with me " she said with a slight whisper I was slightly hesitant.

"I don't want to be alone alec please " she says I nod , knowing she must really need me as mads would never ask me to stay .

I get into the bed and lay next to get , I feel something on my chest I look down to see her asleep on my chest I smile I would love to sleep like this every night , I snap myself out of it knowing it can never happen .

someone walked into the room. I turned to look immediately to see who it was, and it was Izzy. 

"Quiet. She fell asleep." I said in a low voice. Izzy looked at me, then looked at her, and then back at me. She crossed her arms. 

"I don't understand." She stated. I furrowed my eyebrows.  "What?"  "I don't understand why you're still getting married when you care deeply about her and have feelings for her." Izzy said looking at me directly in the eyes. 

"Izzy right now it's not-" She cut me off.  "And when would it be the right time, Alec? Huh? After you make the biggest mistake of your life?" She asked me giving me a disapproval look. I rolled my eyes.