𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

juliets point of view
april 30, 2015
big seventeen

i turned seventeen today.

i was currently in history class listening to the teacher's lesson. everyone had gotten me a card, present, or just told me a quick 'happy birthday!' which was nice.

wilbur was here too but he's been avoiding everyone lately.

the bell rung and the teacher excused us. "remember to work on your homework!"

i gathered my stuff and put it inside my locker. i saw wilbur walking towards his when bella stepped in front of him. she seemed to be flirting with him but he just nodded and went towards his locker.

i groaned as i saw bella walking over to me with her two other friends. "can i help you?"

"nope. i just wanted you to know wilbur and i are officially going out now." she said in the fakest tone ever and smiled at me.

"you're what now?"

"you heard me," bella said. "it's not like you two are dating or anything. i mean can you blame him? i'm so much prettier than you."

"awe that's cute." i fake smiled.

"what is?"

"you thinking you're prettier than me." i smiled while shutting my locker and walking towards the cafeteria, not bothering to talk to her any longer.

as i got in line for my food a brunette girl went beside me.

"that was so badass." she whispered to me.

"what was?" i asked her while getting some food.

"what you said to bella."

"oh, that." i said and went over to a table after i got my food.

i was shocked when she sat in front of me. she began eating and smiled at me every once in a while.

"uhm." i coughed awkwardly.

"oh how rude of me! i'm julissa, julissa hernandez." she smiled and stuck her hand out for me to shake.

"juliet, juliet evans." i smiled back and shook her head.

we talked during lunch and she was actually pretty cool. she told me about how she has two dads and one older sister but she had already moved out with her husband and baby.

the bell rung so we threw away our food and i walked towards my locker.

"what's your next class?" i asked her as i grabbed my books and materials for art class.

"english," she frowned. "and im guessing you have art."

"yup."

"hopefully we can become friends," she smiled at me as i began walking. "and happy birthday!"

i waved goodbye and started walking towards art class when i bumped into somebody.

"sorry,sorry!" i apologized but when i looked at the person i had bumped into it was wilbur.

"it's all good." he said and began to walk to his class but i couldn't help but to ask him something.

"wilbur," i called out. he looked back at me with a look that read 'what?' so i spoke up. "are you really going out with bella?"

he chuckled and looked down at me. "is that what you're really asking?"

"that's what i asked so yes."