The Disaster Date Had Amazing Results

As I unlocked the door to my apartment that I share with my best friend Ashton the first thing I notice is the place looks like a bomb went off. There is music playing at max volume and of course Ashton is running around the house looking frantic with what I believe is ten shirts in his hands.

      I honestly do not even know if I want to question him about what is going on to save myself from his insanity.

      But once again I go against my gut decision and make my way to the stereo to turn the music down.

      Ashton stops his running through the hallway and turns to where I am standing by the stereo, "Oh, you scared me I didn't think you would be home for a couple more hours." he said well holding his chest.

      "Yeah, I wasn't supposed to be home early today, but my boss let me go because it was a slow day at the cafe." I replied. He glanced at his watched and the same panicked look from earlier returned to his face.

      "Well now that your home early I need your help getting ready for a date I have tonight" he said well looking through some of the shirts that were still in his hands.

      "I guess I can help but don't be surprised if I'm not the biggest help. I haven't been on a date in like 3 years, since I was with Mat." I spoke. Ashton just shook his head and said "yeah, yeah I know your demi and haven't been with someone for 3 years, which is honestly just sad, but I still trust you to help cause your help is still better than no help." he said well waving a dismissive hand in the air and making his way down the hall to his room, I quickly followed behind him like a lost puppy wondering what I had just gotten myself into.

      After what felt like hours of going through Ashtons closet and him trying things on he had finally settled on a silk navy blue button up shirt with some ripped black skinny jeans, his leather satchel bag he takes every were and one of my jean jackets he always takes from me, not that I mind though.

      A he leaves I make sure he has everything he needs, and I tell him he can call me, and I will come get him if he needs anything or just wants to leave early.

      With one last hug and me being his overprotective mom as he says, we part ways and he is off.

      I know it's not fair on Ashton for me to be jealous but it's hard for me to see other people going out on dates and having girlfriends and boyfriends when it's such a struggle for me because I can't like anyone romantically if I don't already have a connection with them or if they haven't been a person that I've been friends with for a good while.

      I go to sit on the couch trying to ignore that stupid jealousy that is playing in the back of my head, as I sit down, I end up sitting in a pile of Ashtons clothes that I forgot he threw around the house well being his frantic self before I came home. I decide a good way to distract myself would be to clean up Ashtons mess he made today.

      I'm almost finished cleaning up the living room when I find my favorite hoodie of Ashtons at the bottom of the pile of clothes, instead of putting it away I put it on, not like Ashton would mind, he's on a date right now wearing my jean jacket and we share clothes all the time so it's nothing new or weird.

      Once I'm finished with the living room, I don't really feel like cleaning Ashtons room up as well and plus its even messier than the living room was.

      I lay down on the couch and turn the tv on and aimlessly scroll through Netflix trying to find something good to watch, I finally just settle on Criminal Minds.

      I must've fallen asleep because I wake up to hearing sniffles and a key opening the apartment door. I hide my face behind a pillow and slowly peek over it in fear of someone being in my apartment. As soon as the door opens all I see is a blotchy faced Ashton wiping his nose and face to rid it of tears. I quickly jump into action and make my way over to him, as soon as he sees me, he just cries harder. I don't ask him what happened or what's wrong in case of another breakdown instead I encase him in my arms and lead us over to the couch where I was previously residing.

      After sitting with Ashton in my arms for a while his sniffles and tears were stopping, and his breathing was going back to normal but that didn't stop me from continuing to rub his back and whisper sweet and encouraging words to him. Final he calmed down enough and lifted his head from my neck where he was previously resting it, he looked me in the eyes and took a deep breath in so he could begin to explain what happened.

      "So, I met Blake, the guy I was with, when I was at the Cafe and he offered to pay for my drink I said no and he insisted so then he said I could repay him by sitting and having a chat with him well we drink our coffees, I said sure not thinking anything of it. The whole time he was sweet, and I had a good time, by the time I was leaving he asked if I would go on a date with him and I said yes because I had a great time with him. Then after I left here to go on my date with him, I arrived early and thought nothing of it. 30 minutes later he arrived late and said he got caught up with something, so are date began and he asked some questions about me and anytime I said something about my life he seemed to have to make his more dramatic and he talked very highly about himself which should have been a red flag. It got to the point that he would put me down to compensate for himself and that hurt a lot. towards the end of our date, he kept nitpicking things about my appearance and stated pointing out my insecurities. It got so bad that I started crying and I just left, on my way out he was yelling hurtful things at me, and everyone was staring. Why can't every boy be like you, you're so sweet and caring and you treat me amazing but your demi so my chances of ever being more that your best friend are like 1 out of 100." Ashton explained.

      "Ash, first of all Blake is a douche and whatever rude or mean thing he told you is not true at all. You are amazing and an overall wonderful person and back to the whole your chances with me are 1 out of 100, that's not true at all because I actually like you and have for a while because you are the closest person, I have in my life besides my family right now and we have that connection I'm always so drawn to." I told him.

      He looked up at me through his eye lashes and smiled shyly, he slowly lifter his head up higher so we are eye to eye, now we both start moving closer together and are eyes don't stop making contact until are lips are touching in a oh so sweet and Passion filled kiss and the kiss that marks the beginning of a new chapter that I think I'll call the results because The Disaster Date Had Amazing Results!