Lapse (Cordelia Goode x Reader Story)

This story will contain a lot of triggers from Swearing, Self Harm, Eating Disorders, Depression and Suicide Attempts. If you may be triggered easily I do not recommend reading this story, please stay safe!

(Y/N) - Your Name
(Y/L/N) - Your Last Name

It's my first day at Miss Robichaux's Academy after my parents found out about my powers, they couldn't handle the thought of having a witch in their home. As I walk through the tall black gates that seemed to open on there own, I am met by a girl that looks about my age with long dark hair.  

Zoe: "Hello there!"

Y/N: "Hi.."

Zoe: "My name is Zoe, I'll show you to the Supremes Office!"

As I walk through the Academy, I admire all the beautiful architect of the building and the decor. Zoe pulls me out of my thoughts and points to a door that I didn't realize we stopped at. 

Zoe: "This is it..."

I gave her a quick nervous smile and head in with my parents behind me. This whole time I've forgotten my parents had went in with me. I was so lost in my thoughts at the time and once I realized they were there my throat started to dry up. As I look up I lock eyes with someone that has honey brown eyes and soft blonde hair.

Cordelia: "Take a seat..."

No words were able to form so I just slightly nod and sat on the chair right across from her.

Cordelia: "Hello, My name is Cordelia Goode I'm-"

Your parents interrupt Cordelia due to them drinking as soon as they woke up that morning.

Your Parents: "Thats all nice, Are you going to take them or not?" as they slur on their words.

As I sit there in silence, Cordelia can smell the alcoholic beverages off of your parents. She decides to not say anything and just looks at me with a warm smile on her face. I don't understand why but her smile gives me comfort and calms my nerves a bit. Why? I just met her, how can a person be so comforting just by looking at them? 

Cordelia breaks up the silence by asking your parents to wait in the lobby, because she wanted to talk to you in private. They roll their eyes as they wall out the room. 

Cordelia: "Handful, aren't they?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I guess..." you can't help but let out a small giggle.

The Next Day:

Since yesterday all that really happened was Cordelia asking a bunch of boring question but, I didn't mind as her soft voice did calm me a lot. I obviously did end up making it in the academy and today will be filled with unpacking and settling in. Cordelia did ask me if there was anything she should worry about or look out for. I of course told her no because, I didn't want to put that on her the first day. But you have been struggling quiet badly right now with your depression getting worse. In a way it felt like I could tell her but at the same time I couldn't, for so long I've taught myself how to keep that hidden.

As I was unpacking I hear a soft knock at my door.

Y/N: "Yes?"

Cordelia: "May I come in?"

It was the supreme and your room was a mess right now, but you also had bottles of alcohol on the floor.

Y/N: "One second!" as you quickly try to pick up all the bottles, hoping she doesn't come in.

But of course she does, so you try to shove them all under your bed before you think she notices. A look of concern starts to show on her face.

Cordelia: "Is everything alright? How are you settling in?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm fine."

Cordelia soon leaves, as soon as she shuts the door I start talking to myself saying:

"You're so stupid Y/N!"

"She didn't see right?"

"Shit...What if she did..."

I didn't realize at the time but Cordelia was still listening on the other side of the door. She didn't say anything and ended up walking away, heading to her office.