Chapter 34 - "Midtown school of science and technology"

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" 

"Are you really that dense?" She laughed, "Tony, yesterday, yelling" she reminded him and his mouth formed an 'O' shape as he remembered.

"Ah, how did he react?" He asked nervously.

"He wasn't mad at you for yelling or anything, he went into some sort of shock" She recounted what had happened and Seven saw his panicked expression. "It was a good shock though, he couldn't stop grinning" She added and Peter relaxed.

"That's good" He sighed in relief and flopped back in his desk chair.

Seven was now sat in a car between Wanda and Natasha, Tony was sat in the front and some guy Seven had never met before called Happy was driving. She didn't think that his name was a very accurate reflection of him as she observed his expressionless facial expression but then again she didn't know the guy. 

"Remind me again why I'm in my suit" Seven asked as she pulled the material from her skin in annoyance.

"Reporters everywhere, you can't be seen" Natasha answered bluntly and Seven groaned.

"How would they even know that we're going there?" Seven sighed, the constant reporters and paparazzi was not something she liked about this new world of hers.

"They have ears everywhere kid" Tony replied, "When all the avengers are going somewhere together it's a big deal." 

"Leads to speculation" Wanda commented and Seven sighed again, she understood but it was still irritating.

The car ride was silent until they arrived at the Triskelion, Seven realised that Natasha was correct as she looked out of the tinted windows, there really were reporters everywhere.

The rest of the team was following behind them which meant they needed to get out now so Happy could pull the car around and out of the way. 

Seven grabbed her mask from her mother's outstretched hand and pulled it over her face, her eyes narrowing as she adjusted to the differences the suit gave her. The suit enhanced her sight as well as offering her vitals and other things that Seven had guessed Tony had taken from his own suit. 

"Ignore any questions about what we're doing and why we are here kid, the lights are going to be pretty bright but your suit should dampen the flashes," Tony instructed her and Seven nodded, she was pretty good at following instructions from her days at the Red Room.

"However you can answer any questions about who you are and whether you will be on missions." Natasha turned to her and Seven nodded once more before Wanda, Natasha and Tony each opened their door and stepped out, the previously quiet shouts from the crowds becoming much louder.

Seven stepped out beside Wanda and began following behind her team. She listened with wide eyes as the flashes of cameras intensified when she walked, questions coming at her from different people.

"Shadow, Shadow!" One reporter called out and Seven turned to face them.

She knew that anything she said would be heard and probably recorded so she listened carefully before answering any questions.

"Shadow why are all the avengers here today?" The man suddenly shoved a small recording device towards her but Seven's confidence never faltered and she immediately answered.

"That information is confidential" She answered and the reporter frowned. 

"Were you at the fire in New York the other day?" He fired back and Seven grinned, a question she could finally answer.