Andrey Rublev: 6 months in

"People say, 'There are other fish in the sea.' I say 'fuck you; she was my sea'"

--------------------------

I wrap my fingers tightly across the seal one last time trying to open the bottle of olives. My fingers practically green from pressing too hard. Not feeling any movement, I give an exasperated sign and plop down on the sofa. My head in my hands. 

Tears start to pour down my cheeks. It's not the olives. It's everything. I'm 6 months pregnant. My husband is on his tennis tour. I feel selfish asking my family or his family to drop everything and help me. My morning sickness should have gone by now but the doctor's just said my body isn't taking to well to pregnancy and will keep acting up on me for the next 3 months. 

I should just call Andrey. 

No you can't. He's just won the Italian Open. He's having the best clay court season of his life and is the favorite for Roland Garros in 3 weeks. 

I couldn't do that. 

I get up to get back to the kitchen when my stomach doubles over in nausea. I rush to the bathroom barely being able to balance myself and lean over the toilet puking my guts out.

Here we go again.

After a couple of seconds I bring myself to stand up and look at the mess I made. blood. A good half of what I threw up was blood. shit. that can't be good. I do the only thing that makes sense and grab my keys for the hospital. 

..........................

'Has Dr. Ross come in with your scan results yet?" A nurse asks me peeking into the hospital room. 

I shake my head no. Still nauseous as I sit on the examination table with nothing but a blue hospital gown and my sneakers on. 

"I'm sure he'll be here soon, just hold on tight" And with that she leaves. 

I came in about 45 minutes ago. After telling Dr. Ross my OB-GYN about my symptoms and the blood, he immediately ordered a couple of scans. 

.

.

Scans that were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago.

I hear a knock. Dr. Ross lets himself into the room.

"Ah [Y/N] I'm so sorry for the delay. They took a bit longer than normal." He takes a seat on his chair.

I nod, too nauseous to speak. 

"Unfortunately, you have Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Essentially, you have morning sickness times a thousand and it will continue throughout your nine months. It can lead to significant weight loss or hospitalization. Good news is that the baby is likely to be fine. Your body solely suffers most of the consequences." 

Tears prickle in my eyes. Andrey is only going to be home for the last month with the the tennis season in full swing. My parents were in Paris for their 40th wedding anniversary. And I can't just constantly bother Andrey's parents or Anna, his sister. How do I handle this? I don't know what to say.