My Killer

- Prologue -

There was a loud scream that flew through the midnight air. What the heck? I whipped my head, side to side, making my hair move swiftly around me. It seem that it was coming from the north, but I couldn't be sure because as soon as the scream came, it was gone. Time to be Nancy Drew, I thought to myself. I begun to walk down one of the gravel back roods of Shiocton, Wisconsin. It was pretty chilly outside in the fall weather of Wisconsin, but it seemed as if the fear that was building up inside my stomach was warming me, oddly.

The closer I got to the direction that I heard the scream come from, the colder it got. I starting to get scared now. I have to admit, I was quite a chicken. I looked forward into the foggy night and I think I saw a shadow; silhouette in the near distance. Crap! I begun to take deep, soothing breaths, trying to calm myself as I walked forward; closer to the silhouette.

"Hey!" I yelled to the silhouette that seemed to be coming closer. "Is everything okay? I heard a scream, was that you?"

With a hoarse voice, the person said, "Help, help me," as he/she stumbled into the slight light from the moon, allowing me to see his face. His face made me gasp in horror. Blood was running down from a deep slash that looked like it was made from a knife. He looked as if he was about eighteen or nineteen. Very young and attractive. He continued to stumble forward; closer to me. I opened my arms out to him, as he stumbled into them. When I felt him fall into my arms, I felt a sharp, burning pain go through my gut. The pain was unbearable, making me scream loudly. I could feel him pull out a cold, hard object out of my stomach. I looked down with my wide gray eyes, to see a bloody, butcher's knife. I fell back onto the grave road and struggled to keep breathing. The man that had stabbed bent down next to me, his icy blue eyes burning into mine. He smiled; a crocked, evil smile, as he begun to speak in a clearer voice than he had before, "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but you were in the wrong place at the wrong time." 

My gaze begun to blur slowly and my chest begun to get heavier and heavier. I didn't want to die, I was too young. I was only seventeen, I haven't even lived yet. Why me? Why now? I thought to myself as my heart slowed down. Thump. Pause. Pause. Pause. Thump. Pause. Pause. Pause. Thump, and repeat. After what seem like eternity, my heart stopped and my breathing did, too.

~

Shortly after I had died, I was out of my body and staring down at it. The mystery guy that had killed me was gone. I looked around me, as I accepted that I was dead now, and i begun to look for a light that I was supposed to see, but it was nowhere to be seen. Damn, what do I do now?

____________________ 

yep, so how do you like it? would you want more? give me some suggestions! :] title suggestions? :\

comment? rate? vote? :]

- Lauren<33