@1

Author's POV:

It was hitting around 9:30. Taehyung was sitting on his bed, glasses on the verge from falling off his nose, head buried deep into his textbook. His parents already wished him a good night, but he was stuck on studying for the big calculus test tomorrow. It was a typical Thursday night, where he was listening to his and his crush's favorite music.

Taehyung sat his book on his bed as he got up to go and get his notebook and a pen. He needed it for note taking. 

In the process of getting his book something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. His curtain was open. Moonlight shining into the already well lit room. But the moon wasn't what caught his eyes. No, it was his popular, star football playing, neighbor Jungkook. A.k.a, Taehyung's crush. 

Taehyung studied him for a little bit, finding it way better to study the features of the male rather than study equations for his calculus test tomorrow. He watched a Jungkook looked like he was annoyed. He was pacing back and forth, an annoyed, tired, and pained expression all shown on his face. Raising his shoulders and splaying out his hands to indicate when he didn't know something.

It put a frown onto Taehyung's face, seeing his crush with an exasperated look adorned on his usual nonchalant, cheerful features. 

"Must be his girlfriend." Taehyung said to himself. He was now perched back onto his bed. His elbow was resting on his criss-crossed legs, so that he could support his head as he laid it on his hand. "She must be upset...again."

Over by Jungkook:

"Jennie. Babe, it was a joke. I didn't know it would make you this angry." Jungkook sighed as he paced around the room, listening to his girlfriend rant about how it's not funny to hear about why a chicken would cross the road. Or listen to her rant about how she'll never ever get the joke on why a chicken would do such a thing.

"Look, Jen, I just said it because you were in a bad mood and I wanted to brighten up your spirits. Can't a caring boyfriend try and make the person that he loves happy?" Jungkook told her, he made a mental note to never joke around with her again.

"Not when it's a joke like that. What dumb idiot thinks of telling their girlfriend about why a chicken crossed a road. Caring boyfriends don't do that, caring boyfriends take their girlfriends to the mall and buys them new skirts and sunglasses." Jennie protested. Yup, she was one those girls. 

The ones who cared about their looks, applied a layer of lipstick every few minutes, went shopping 24/7 on their daddy's black card, and bullied random students just so they could boost  their own self-esteem. How lame, right? 

Back to Taehyung:

Taehyung had realized how Jungkook and his girlfriend, Jennie, would always argue with each other. Well mainly Jennie would pick out something petty to test Jungkook's patience with, which would always end up with Jennie leaving Jungkook behind angrily or them making up with a kiss. Either ending always broke Taehyung's heart. 

Over by Jungkook:

"But Jennie, I can't do all of that when I have football practice, schoolwork, and work." Jungkook explained to her. He heard her groan in annoyance and could practically feel her eye roll through the phone.

"It's always the same shitty excuses with you Jungkook. And for what? You don't want to treat your girlfriend out to something nice. Do you not love me?" Jennie asked, she studied her nails, wondering if she should go get them done tomorrow.

"Jeez, Jennie I can't do all of that though. Why can't you just lighten up. It was a harmless joke. I mean all I said was to get to the other side and then laughed."  Jungkook explained with a sigh.