Donnie would have been a better choice, he was the one who kept insisting that he was the only responsible brother in the group. Then again, the main reason that they'd lost Leo in the first place was because Donnie hadn't been paying attention and let him wander off with the mutagen tracker.

He didn't realize he'd been sending a seething glare in Donnie's direction until the genius glanced up from the GPS app to scope their surroundings and spotted him, instantly bristling in offense as he came to a halt on the rooftop. "What?"

"Nothing." Raph snapped quickly, turning away and pretending to be more interested in watching a car drive by on the street below.

Mikey could sense the ever-growing silent hostility between the two and suddenly realized that someone was sure to snap if something wasn't done soon.

Jumping into the role of the peacemaker that Leo wasn't around to fill, Mikey jogged over to Donnie and swiped the t-phone from his hands, holding it upside down and shaking it a few times as he asked. "Are we close? Which dot is Leo? Would his dot be smaller 'cause he's small now? How come this isn't work-"

"It's working just fine!" Donnie snapped as he ripped the t-phone back from a pouting Mikey's grip, holding it out of reach in case the jokester tried to take it back. "And Leo doesn't have a dot. We're tracking the tracker, remember?"

"I knew that." Mikey agreed quickly, earning an exasperated eye roll as Donnie turned back to the map. He blatantly ignored the curious blue eyes that peeked over his shoulder as he zoomed in on the tracker, trying to decide a general direction to head.

"This way." Donnie suddenly announced, making a sharp turn and practically elbowing Mikey, who stumbled back to avoid the blow. Distracted gaze back on the t-phone, Donnie simply started off across the rooftops and Mikey waited for Raph to follow before he dashed after them. The silence spawned off and on, only broken when Mikey tried and failed to get his stressed brothers to talk to him in a way that didn't involve yelling.

Trying to keep himself distracted from his own stress and worry by discovering how to cheer up his brothers, he didn't realize how well his self-distraction had worked until Raph was grabbing his wrist and dragging him in the opposite direction than he'd been headed. He gave Raph a confused look that the hothead ignored as he pulled him into the alleyway below, where he found that Donnie must have entered earlier, his immediate older brother seeming to study the underside of a dumpster.

Before he had a chance to advise him that under-the-dumpster pizza was one of the few pizzas you should never eat, Donnie pulled out the familiar mutagen tracker and held it up for both Raph and Mikey to see.

"So he was in my lab." Donnie muttered, turning it back towards him and brushing off the screen as his expression flickered with guilt. "Wish I had thought to look up..."

"Which means it's not all my fault." Raph stated almost triumphantly, earning an annoyed look.

"No, it definitely is." The genius shot back with narrowed eyes. "But we're going to discuss that later. First, we have to find Leo."

Mikey had already gotten started on the search, the worried jokester calling out Leo's name as he moved about the alley, eyes wide with fear as he searched behind any small spaces. It wasn't long until they'd broadened their search over the alleyways of the entire block, keeping in contact via their t-phones.

A sudden burst of incomprehensible shouting from Mikey before he suddenly hung up on them sent both brothers dashing to his location, and they arrived to see him holding Leo's belt and tanto in one hand and throwing star with a Foot symbol in the other, staring at them as though this was proof of all his worst fears combined.