Learning to trust

Start from the beginning

He would understand though, wouldn't he? He'd never given me any reason not to trust him with something like this, but a part of me grew worried that he'd judge me. That he'd think I was weak for falling for the lies and games that Jack played.

My mind went back to our conversation just minutes ago, causing the feeling in my chest to get worse. It felt tight, almost suffocating around my lungs. I grimaced. I had to tell him.

Right?
__________________________________

Tim's POV flashback

My voice was hoarse from crying as tears streamed down my face, but I couldn't help it.

I had no idea what time it was, or how long I'd been here, but I was exhausted and cold and hurting.

My wrists were sore from whatever was holding them behind my back, and my body just ached and burned from the very unwanted attention it was getting.

I wanted nothing more than to be with Jason. Cuddled close to his chest with his arms wrapped around me. Protective and secure. His hand playing with my hair to relax me as he spoke softly. Telling me he loved me.

Thinking of his heart beating under me, my own matching to his, may have been the only thing keeping me from losing it.

I needed him so badly.

The door opened, startling me and I scooted away into the headboard of the bed. My soft sobs bearly hidden by the noise of the fan above me. Please just leave me alone. Please.

Jack's face came into view, a smirk plastered on his mouth. Even if I wanted to act brave, he already knew how scared I was. How to hurt me without even touching me. I wasn't brave. I was beyond terrified.

A broken sob escaped my mouth as my chest spasmed from hiccuping. Tears, old and new, stained my cheeks and chin. "P-please...just leave me alone."

Even though my back was against the wood, I still tried to move back further, bringing my knees up to my chest.

Jack just chuckled softly in amusement as he walked to me. His hands went to his waist as he watched me, looking like a predator that's cornered it's prey.

Why did I have to be the prey? Why did it have to be me?

He shook his head, clicking his tongue before he spoke. "Oh, Tim, don't be that way. I thought we were having fun." He moved his hand to my cheek, grinning sickeningly.

I gasped, jerking away from him. My breathing started to quicken as I squeezed my eyes shut. His touch was like fire. Worse than anyone else's.

What I'd give now to have Dick's arms around me. Or Bart's. Those touches were uncomfortable, but nothing compared to this. It made me feel nauseated and sick.

"This...is not...fun." When I opened my eyes, I was startled to see he had leaned down closer to me, watching me with dark eyes. My stomach churned.

"Not fun? Hmm...I see. Well Jason sure had fun with you. Didn't he?" He gripped my chin tightly, pulling my face up closer to him.

My body jerked as I tried to pull away, yelping in pain when he gripped tighter. "He also had fun with other little toys before going to the next one. You're no different. Just something to pass the time before he moves on to someone else."

His eyes narrowed at me before he pushed me away, standing back up and taking a step back. He looked at me now like I was worthless. Like just being in my presence disgusted him.

Good. Maybe he'd go away.

My sobs echoed in my ears. I knew he was just messing with me. Playing a sick and twisted game. He wanted me to hurt. He wanted me to believe the venom that dripped from his lips.

"Jason's not like that...not with me." He laughed, throwing his head back as he did before fixing me with a scowl.

My voice betrayed me, cracking and sounding so very small. Like a child talking back to a parent. I hated it. I hated that he affected me this way even though I knew it wasn't true.

I knew his words were lies, but he knew how to twist them in just the right way. Sounding sincere and factual. Turning made up scenarios into his own truth. It was beyond sickening.

"Jason may say he loves you. He may touch you and care for you, but I assure you," He gripped my hair, yanking me forward. "You mean nothing to him. What you've made up in your head, it isn't real." He gave another yank before pushing me back and letting go.

My head burned, hurting everywhere from the physical contact and my attempt to block out his words. Ignore them and think of all the things Jason's done for me. Said to me. The way he held me and kissed me.

That first night we had together, tangled in each other's arms and body's. Not wanting to let the other go. His touch had been heaven to me.

I was more to him than a one night stand.

"You're wrong!" Anger boiled up inside me. A sudden wave of hostility bubbling up from my chest. "Jason may hate you...but he loves me. What we have is real. You're just too sick to realize what you had with him is over. Forgotten."

My sudden bravery shocked me, but I stood my ground, as much as one could while tied up anyway. I held eye contact with him. Fire in my glare, further fueling my anger.

It seemed to shock him too. For just a moment anyway, till an angry look formed on his face. His hand came up, curling into a ball. I barely had time to process what was happening before it made contact with my face.

A crack rang out, pricing my ears before my cry did. My head jerked back, knocking into the headboard before I fell to my side, completely losing my balance and falling to the floor.

My head spun and my vision was blurry. Pain. So much pain. My whole face was hurting. What the hell? It was wet too. From what? Blood! Shit!

I choked out as blood ran down my throat and out of my nose onto the floor below me. He broke my nose?! Jason was gonna be pissed.

"Maybe that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut. Piccola puttana." He spat out the insult before walking away, shutting the door behind him. Leaving me in a puddle of blood and freezing on the floor.

My sobs spilled out while nausea built up inside me and my body shook. Jason please hurry. Wherever you are, please hurry.

__________________________________

Piccola puttana - Little bi*ch.