Now it came to pass during a break for luncheon they delighted themselves with a leisurely swim prior their repast. Once they completed their meal the next step was trash collection. Then the couple relaxed whilst laying upon what could be likened unto a sand bar. An outside observer would have noticed Jade occasionally glancing at a Ziploc filled with Animal Crackers. Several heartbeats past afore Jacob spoke. Said he, 'Humbly do I apologise.' Jade, 'Why?' Jacob, 'I'm having lewd thoughts about you and the bikini.' Jade next spoke with trepidation. She politely pressed him for details. Jacob calmly spoke with shame and guilt prior his beloved asked twice. He explained his yearning to hold her in his arms whilst she sat betwixt his open legs. He proceeded to explain the longing possessing him. Jacob explained he ached to run his hands over her exposed flesh. Natural reaction would probably be negative. Instead Jade first thanked him for the honesty then calmly expressed understanding toward his plight. She made it plain he need not conceal his longings from her. Jade, 'I value your truthfulness. And I know you will never act in an untoward manner toward me.' Neither of these two took notice her speech was reflecting the changes occurring from intimacy. His response was to say, 'I am forever beholden to you.' There was a long moment of comfortable silence then Jacob said, 'Forgive me.' Soon Jade beheld the Ziploc being opened then was pleasantly surprised when Jacob began feeding her Animal Crackers. She offered silent consent knowing the amount of restraint her male placed upon his conversation. Then the couple delighted in reenacting the Animal Cracker scene from Armageddon. This was different in minor ways. Jacob excused himself after apologising for his crass behaviour. Jade failed preventing his temporary departure thus necessitating she patiently await his return. Without forethought she began to pray unto Elohim. Not for herself. Rather for the one she loved. About ten minutes past when Jacob returned appearing weary yet once more in control. Jade reconised now was not appropriate for mentioning the Animal Cracker moment stirred her heart to a deeper love.

After Current River the couple set out for five days camping in Lone Jack, Missouri. Whilst present it was decided to go hiking when possible. They agreed their final day would be spent at the local Civil War museum.

Jacob, 'It was the War of Northern Aggression.' Jade, 'What do you mean? Everyone knows it was a bloody conflict where America fought itself.' Jacob, 'Revisionist history.' Jade, 'I'm begging you to make sense.' Jacob, 'What defines a civil war?' Here Jade decided to err on the side of caution. For she knew Jacob did not speak or think like any other met by her. During their first meeting Jade was told, 'Do not go deep when I am shallow. Do not go shallow when I am deep.' Hence in the present her safest reply was, 'I don't know.' Jacob released an audible sigh then spoke. Jacob, 'Here I shall endeavour to speak in plain language.' After a slight pause he spoke forth his thoughts.

Jacob, 'Let's begin with a quintessential belief, "Democracy functions only when we have the free flow of information". Sierra Leone was divided by a war fought over diamonds. Sudan endured a civil war fought over philosophy. The technical definition for civil war is one state fighting itself. The War Between The States was fought between two different nations. North there was United States of America. South there was The Confederate States of America. These were two different governments. How then could there be a civil war?' Jade decided to provoke him unto wrath instead of attempting a counter argument. Jacob only smiled when she spoke. Especially when Jade enquired if slavery was permissible or reprehensible. Jacob, 'When we speak of slavery our thoughts drift unto reprehensible degradations visited upon men. Bondservants were slaves who chose to stay with a person or family instead of freedom. These people were offered freedom yet preferred their present station. Torah made provisions for slaves. Thus we must lay aside our contemporary perspective to see through the eyes of another.

'Slavery in the South was men forced to live in squalor while being forced to literally work themselves to death. Books like Empire of Liberty provide insight revisionist history would have us ignore. Slaves who chose to live free in the North were not much better than their Southern brethren. Federals gave the negro improved housing while exchanging titles.  Furthermore there was no Reconstruction Era after the war. When the war finally was declared a Northern victory the South suffered.  The Confederacy was placed under the heel of a Union jackboot. Federal representatives had no care or concern for the South. Some would appear at a meeting drunk as a skunk then leave early to get drunk at the local saloon.

'Oh, let us not forego American history. Secessionists were not Johnny Reb as we are led to believe. All states entering the Union below the Ohio River were slave states. All states entering the Union above the Ohio River were free states. This is actual American law. American law also says nothing of secession until after the war ended. Then revisionist history says nothing of multiple informal resolutions sought by the South. Yes, there were also formal resolutions sought. All in an effort to preserve the Union. All to no avail.

'Please tell me who was right and who was wrong.' When Jacob finished speaking Jade found herself naked and exposed. For she lacked any possible rebuttal of his logic and reasoning. Jade, 'I'll look into what you said.' Soon their conversation turned unto more light hearted matters.

When night fell Jade fell asleep after Jacob quoted the poem Mien Engel. She made a mental note to eventually get the English translation.

Next morn they prepared a Dutch oven breakfast called trash. When asked Jacob explained, 'It's a potluck meal created from leftovers. In this case we had red onion, bell peppers, eggs, ground turkey sausage, and potatoes. So we throw it all in the Dutch oven to create a single meal.' Jade thoroughly enjoyed breakfast.

Prior to departing Jade thanked Jacob for talking unto his acquaintances. For they agreed to drive the RV under the condition Jade and Jacob would camp outside. When all was settled his acquaintances accepted the original plan. Namely, the two would lodge in their RV. Apparently Jacob planned to sleep in a tent despite close quarters.

After almost twenty minutes or less Jacob told Jade to check her email.