"I said, I DON'T CARE!" he replied, giving me a stern look.

I ignore his glare and leave the house. I take my phone and send Leah a message.

Me: See you in a two weeks' time. I have already left the town. Take care <3

I place it down and she replies minutes later.

Leah: Are you a Camp Counselor?

Me: Yep

Leah: Okay, enjoy! Love you.

Me: <3

I drive out of town and arrive in 25 minutes. I walk to the reception and greet the girl standing there, but she ignores me.

"Excuse me..." I said louder, trying to get her attention.

"Yes?" she asked with an attitude.

"I'm Julia Garner." I said with an amiable grin, extending my hand towards her so that she can shake it.

She looks at my hand in disgust and looks back at me. "I don't do handshakes sweetheart." she said, lowering my hand.

"Sorry." I said to her. "Uhm, I'm Camp Counsellor here for these two weeks. Can I get the keys to the Apple Cabin?"

"Here. Do you have a co-counsellor?" she asked, handing me the keys.

"No, not that I know of."

"Okay, now get out of my sight."

Rude.

I walk out of the building, to my car and fetch my bags.

"By the way, you have 10 campers. Hopefully you'll manage." she said as I walked passed her desk.

"I will, thanks." I said with a grin.

"Oh, one more thing... If I were you, I'd be fashion-conscious because nobody wears baggy jeans these days." she said, looking at my outfit.

"Thanks for the advice, but you can keep it to yourself." I said with a sarcastic grin and she gasped in response.

That was rude of me.

I walk to the other side and look for the Apple Cabin. I find it, enter the cabin and lie on the bed after I let out a sigh of relief.

I unpack my bags and put my clothes in the wooden wardrobes.

I take my phone to let Leah know that I arrived safely since she is the only one who actually cares about me.

"All Camp Counsellors, please come over to the field. I have an announcement to make." a man said through the intercom.

I walk out of the cabinet, lock the door and walk to the only field.

We stand around the small stage that was placed in the middle of the field and wait.

"Welcome and welcome back everyone." the man said.

"I'm Mr Woodlock, the Camp Director, and this is Tamia, my niece. She will ensure that everything is in order, so if you need anything, come to her." he said with a welcoming grin.

"Hey Counsellors!" Tamia exclaimed. "I hope that these two weeks will be the best weeks of your life, and I look forward to getting to know all of you. Thank you." she smiled and people scattered to greet each other.

I guess I'm the rotten potato that no one wants.

I walk over to Tamia to introduce myself to her.