23

Morning had come.

Feng leng had gotten ready for his journey to the borders,while being careful to not disturb jing yi. they had only stopped at dusk after jing yi had fainted from exhaustion. Seeing jing yi sleep peacefully in their bed, feng leng could leave with relief knowing jing yi was going to be safe here.

The night before had been incomprehensible. He couldn't believe he had finally made jing yi his. Jing yi had trusted him with his truth. Feng leng never thought the secret jing yi had been trying to hide was about his body anatomy. But Feng leng couldn't be happier knowing how wonderful jing yi was. After yesterday's revelation, feng leng could only love jing yi even more. Jing yi was beautiful.

After a light kiss goodbye, feng leng stood up to go on his journey. For jing yi and for the promise he made, he was going to win this battle. He was going to make jing yi proud and happy when he returned.

It had been a few weeks since feng leng had left. After getting there, feng leng had been preparing for battle. But even after declaring war on the Qu empire, the yuan empire did not instigate their attack. It was all due to the emperor of Qu, he had asked for talk of negotiation before the battle. For an opportunity of diplomatic talk before taking over warfare. And for that he had asked to be granted some time before the diplomatic meeting. It was easy to deny the request as it could easily have been a trickery but the emperor of Yuan had accepted the request because it was no trick. The emperor Qu was known far and wide as a man of his words. He had no tricks nor any deceptions.

But the meeting was to be done on one condition. Which was that, In any part of the battle, the emperor of Qu was never to use the divine power he had. He was to come a simple man in the grounds of the battle. Even though knowing the dangers that would come to the emperor's life if agreed to the condition, the emperor still agreed. And so some time was given for the diplomatic meeting.

Back in the general feng leng's residence,

Jign yi had woken up to find feng leng gone and his wait had begun, which he spent praying for feng leng's safe return.

One day a visitor came to meet him. but was told to be sent away as instructed by feng leng. No one was to meet jing yi and no harm was to fall on him. But learning the visitor never introduced himself but only called himself jing yi's father, jing yi couldn't help but disobey feng leng this once to know if the man was really the person he declared himself to be.

Jing yi went to the front door and sneaked upon the visitor, and as he had thought it was the old man who he had accepted to be his father. Jing yi couldn't contain his happiness and requested to meet the old man.

Though perplexed by the situation, seeing how jing yi was adamant on meeting the man, the guards allowed the meeting but with them present near jing yi, to prevent any possible threat. Rejecting the order of the general's beloved was going to be hard on them.

The old man and Jing Yi talked all they could with the little time they had. Jing yi apologized for his sudden disappearance . Seeing Jing Yi happy and safe , the old man was relieved of his worries and happy for jing yi. He didn't reprimand jing yi for his actions and only wished him well for his future with the general.