Duelling Champion

Start from the beginning

He looked at her as if she had put the stars in the sky.

Snape's upper lip was curling. Kirra wondered why Lockhart was still smiling; if Snape had been looking at her like that she'd have been running as fast as she could in the opposite direction. 

Lockhart and Snape turned to face each other and bowed; at least, Lockhart did, with much twirling of his hands, whereas Snape jerked his head irritably. Then they raised their wands like swords in front of them.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart told the silent crowd. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course." 

"I wouldn't bet on that," Theodore murmured, as the trio watched Snape baring his teeth."One — two — three —"Both of them swung their wands above their heads and pointed them at their opponent; Snape cried: "Expelliarmus!" 

There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet: He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor, the trio couldn't help it as they burst out in laughter and cheered loudly for the potions master. 

"Do you think he's all right?" Kirra asked, slightly concerned for the man even if she did truely hate him with all her guts.

"Who cares?" said Nott and Riddle together.

Lockhart was getting unsteadily to his feet. His hat had fallen off and his wavy hair was standing on end. "Well, there you have it!" he said, tottering back onto the platform. "That was a Disarming Charm — as you see, I've lost my wand — ah, thank you, Miss Brown — yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy — however, I felt it would be instructive to let them see . . ." 

"Hes not a good liar is he?" Kirra asked the two Slytherins and they chuckled as they shook their heads. Snape was looking murderous. Possibly Lockhart had noticed, because he said, "Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you now and put you all into pairs. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me —"

They moved through the crowd looking for who would go next. Lockhart teamed Neville with Justin Finch-Fletchley, but Snape reached Harry and Ron first. "Time to split up the dream team, I think," he sneered. "Potter —"Harry moved automatically toward Hermione. "I don't think so," said Snape, smiling coldly. "Mr. Malfoy, come over here. Let's see what you make of the famous Potter. 

Everyone watched, intrigued by the duel that was about to happen. Malfoy strutted up smirking. While Harry walked up, looking very annoyed "Face your partner!" called Lockhart, back on the platform. "And bow!" Harry and Malfoy barely inclined their heads, not taking their eyes offeach other. 

"It's so intense.. they could kiss any second" Kirra muttered as she watched them both

"what like you and RIddle?" Nott teased and Kirra and Mattheos faces went crimson red

"Shut up butt head" Kirra pouted, "Just remember, you're my partner, so you don't want to piss me off too much before our duel," she whispered to him with a smirk intruding onto her lips

"Oh Princess, I'm shaking in my boots," Theodore replied with a teasing grin

"You arent even wearing boots you dumbass," Kirra countered with a matching grin, causing Mattheo to snort softly in amusement from next to them

"Shut up you burnt chicken nugget," Nott told her as he messed up her hair. She grabbed his arm and shoved it off her head before doing the same to him