But being the favorite doesn't get you special treatment. Same punishments, same discipline, same scars. Same everything.

"Oh, let me get my son. He must be upstairs." Harlem leaves the room, disappearing into the dark hallway he came from. I hear loud thuds along the stairs, and then heavy steps.

"Let's get seated, shall we?" Elizabeth asks, leading us to the kitchen. We all follow her into a dining area. The room had a long dining table, with ten seats. A chair filling every empty space. We all got seated into the table, waiting patiently for Harlem to come back with his son.

We heard stumbles coming from upstairs, but everyone just ignored it.

After ten minutes of waiting, Harlem finally came back. And he wasn't alone.

A boy, maybe a few years older than me walked beside him. He had raven black hair that's parted in the middle. I can see neck tattoos peaking out at the top of his white dress shirt. The first few buttons were undone, giving a tiny peak at his chest.

The boy has deeply tanned skin, the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen, and a jawline that could probably slit my throat.

Yikes. That's not a good sign, Rue.

He sat down across from me. I kept my head down, making sure to not look at him. But I could feel his eyes watching me.

Creepy.

Everyone was eating and talking about business stuff. Everyone except me. Hell- even my brother was dragged into the conversation. They were asking him questions about whether or not he'll be doing training with the others from now on.

Everyone was asking the boy-who's name I can't recall- questions about how he's handling the Mafia. Apparently he's in line to be king, only a few more years, or if his fathers death comes sooner.

I caught a glimpse of my mom staring at me. She mouthed the words, "Why aren't you eating?"  To me, I slightly shake my head. Im not feeling too good, I want to go home, but I know that if I didn't keep up this act, my dad would beat my ass when we got home.

"So, Rue was it?" I turn my attention to Harlem who had a strong gaze upon me. His dark blue eyes staring daggers into mine.

"Yes?" I say, confirming my name.

"What do you like to do with your free time?"

I felt odd that he was asking me this question. Maybe it's because I didn't know how to answer it. I don't enjoy anything. I was just a basic girl.

So I have to lie.

"Well uhm." I stay quiet for a moment, trying to come up with a lie that will get him to turn his attention away from me. "I like babysitting, I guess." I shrug my shoulders and poke at the stake on my plate. "My friends usually drag me to the animal shelter so I'm forced to play with the puppy's." I add on.

"You seem like a lovely girl." He says. His elbows are on the table, and I catch a glimpse of his sparkling watch.

"Thank you, sir."

"Oh please, call me Harlem. He sends a smile that show off all his white teeth. He's smiling a little too hard for my liking.

- - -

Conversations are dying down as everyone is starting to become tired.

Finally, we're about to leave-

"Hey honey, me and your father are gonna be in this meeting for awhile." My mom says to me, getting out of her chair. She touches my shoulder and motions for me to stand up.