Chapter 13

Natalie, Jessica, & I spend the week brainstorming ideas on how I can get Harry to speak to me again.

It is fall break at school, so I can't run into him there.

We decide I will have to try to find him at the masquerade ball.

Steph is being short with me, I assume Harry has told her everything that happened. I was able to get her to divulge that Harry will be at the masquerade ball though. So I figure how many guys will have curls like him. It won't be too hard to find him right?

Jessica and Natalie and I spend the rest of the week hanging out and catching up. We gossip about the dates they have been on since I left Pittsburgh. They seem to be having a lively dating life out there since I left.

Luke sent me text on Wednesday saying he missed me. I didn't respond as I think we need some time without communication to get us back to only being friends.

The girls and I decide to go to a boutique in downtown to get our dresses for the masquerade ball.

Jessica found a pretty dark green dress and Natalie found a light pink one. I find a beautiful puffed out ball gown dress. It's white with gold flakes on the bottom. The girls told me the dress will definitely wow Harry. I also got a white masquerade mask that is outlined in gold sparkles.

I sure hope so as my attempts to contact him on social media have all failed. He has blocked me on all of them. I tried calling his house, but his dad answered. He sounded drunk and angry, he said Harry wasn't around. I'm guessing issues at home haven't gotten any better. I just want to be there for Harry.

Jess and Natalie also made me get a new White bikini for the beach picnic on Saturday. I feel a little less nervous about this weekend since I have my girls to support me no matter what happens.

Friday:

It is finally the day of the masquerade ball. I am a nervous wreck. I am scared that Harry won't want to be with me anymore and I will profess my feelings for no reason. I don't want to be rejected. I feel bad as Harry probably felt the same way and I did reject him.

I hope we can turn things around. I haven't told my parents about Harry as I know they won't approve since they know what he did to me back in middle school. It's just too much to explain right now when I don't even know if it will work out. Good thing we will have masks on.

Jessica and Natalie focus on getting me ready first as they said I have to look perfect.

Jessica does my makeup and puts gold sparkles all over my cheeks and chest. I look like I am a glowing angel when she is done with me.

Natalie curls my hair & puts it into a cute curly updo. My brown locks almost remind me of Harry's.

After they are done I step into my ballroom dress and Natalie zips me up. I look in the mirror and am amazed by how pretty they made me look.

The girls finish getting ready and we take a mirror selfie together. Then we tie our masks on and take another cute mirror pic.

It is finally time to go and my parents coo at how cute we look. My mother wears an orange silk ball gown this time and my dad has on a brown suit. The colors compliment nicely.

We hop in the car and head to the masquerade ball.

I'm hoping for a better outcome for Harry and I than last week's ball.