Chapter 13: I Can See Clearly Now (The Rain Is Gone)

Amber's POV

I walked into Dr.Brookes' office and sat myself down. We greeted each other and she jumped right to the questions. It's no surprise. She's so annoyingly persistent. How has she managed to keep her job and be so successful?

"So Amber, your living with Jay now. Big change, isn't it?" 

"Yep and I'm enjoying every minute of it. He's been the absolute sweetest and has taken my mind off of everything."

"Even Nathan?"

"No. I haven't seen Nathan in three days. He visited me at the hospital and ended up sleeping there."

"So, everything is settled between the two of you?"

"Yeah."

"How do you  feel about it all?"

"I don't know; I just need to talk to him after I attend my aunt's funeral."

"Are you sure you can go? What about Meridith? Plus, you were absolutely crushed by knowing your aunt passed on."

"I'm still mourning, but I can deal with it all. Your probably thinking, how can a suicidal girl deal with such a thing?"

"No, you seem pretty content and in control. I'm sure it won't be a challenge. You haven't cried a tear for her since you've found out, am I right?"

"I did the night I found out. Other than, no I haven't."

"You're positive you won't have a breakdown?"

"Absolutely."

"Ok then, so back to Nathan. How do you think he feels about the whole living with Jay thing?"

"Upset, disappointed, and regretful. But, he understands the whole situation."

"I thought you haven't seen him in days?"

"I haven't, but that's what Jay told me."

"So do you just take whatever Jay tells you and make it a fact?"

"No.Why would he be lying about that?" I replied completely offended.

"How do you know if Nathan's actually ok with this situation?"

"Because, I know Nath. He wants what's best for everyone. Jay wouldn't make up some story just to live with me. He would never do it for Nath's sake and because he's not an inconsiderate idiot. So obviously, he got Nath's 'blessings' " I said with a bit of attitude.

She raised her brows in the realization that she was being a complete ass."I think you should have a talk with Nath."

"I just told you I planned on it."

"I know, but the sooner the better."

"My aunts funeral is tomorrow. It would be to overwhelming. How am I gonna keep my composure?"

"The same way you're keeping it now. Is he busy?"

"I don't know. Look, I'm pretty sure I can talk to Nath another time."

"So you're scared."

"I never said I was."

"And I'm asking if you are. You said Jay talked to Nathan about the whole situation and agreed to it, so why would you be scared?"

"I'm not scared! Not anymore at least. I'm not scared of hurting Nathan anymore, because I know I can't and won't. After the talk we had, we're in a comfortable place, somewhat. I just don't want to see him and see that deep down inside he feels sad and heartbroken."

"Well, stuff like that is apart of life. You have to deal with it in order for you and the person to mature, grow, and be more understanding."

"You think I don't know that?"

"Well you certainly didn't know before."

"And I do now. After all that's happened and my failed attempt to commit suicide my eyes opened up. Spending time in the hospital helped me see what I couldn't before. All my life I tried so hard to push this door open that was prohibiting me to go to where I wanted to, to the light. I've finally realized that there are other doors wide open and waiting for me. I've just got to find them. I don't need to be scared anymore. I'm not scared, like I said. I'm done trying to hide from the world. It's time for me to find that open door and enter the bright light that I've been desperately waiting for."

"Please tell me you're not referring to the bright light as killing yourself and going to heaven."

I made a puzzled face."Oh my gosh, no."

She smiled."Then you're out of your depression."

"I am?" I asked with a tiny smile growing upon my face.

"How do you feel?"

"Ummm...different..... better.... and a little happy now that I can be with Jay and finally settle the whole situation."

"Yup, you are out of your depression."

"Good. So, what now?"

"Well, you've confronted your fears, so now it's time to find that open door. Talk to Nathan and go to your aunts funeral."

"And talk to Meridith."

"You really are in good shape! I'm a miracle worker."

"Don't flatter yourself. With that whole harassment you gave me the other day I was able to figure out what I was sure of. Don't bother asking me what they are 'cause I've told you a million times already and your just gonna toy and twist my words."

Dr.Brookes laughed. "Well my job is to help you figure things out for yourself. I've succeeded with that. Now I've got to help you find the truth."

"I know the truth."

"Maybe so, but I have to be certain of that. I don't want to kill your mood, so why don't you go and do your errands."

"Alrighty. I'll be on my merry little way."

I got up and waved goodbye. I walked out and headed to the boys' flat. I wasn't sure if Nath was there or not. I could've called or text, but unsure why, I couldn't bring myself to. It would just be weird calling up my ex-boyfriend now that I'm living with his ex-best friend.

I got to their flat and knocked on the door. Luckily it was Nathan. We stared at each other for a while and then hugged. I then knew I didn't have to say a word. He truly understood everything and accepted it all.

To be continued in the next chapter:D Btw PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ vote and comment about what you think will happen with Amber and Nathan when they have their little chat. I'm really curious as to what u guys imagine will be discussed:)