Chapter 4

I listened to Sam Smith's album while writing this chapter. You should check it out! Colton bbe as Steven except picture him taller and buffer XD

{enjoy&unedited}

I wasn't allowed back into Brutus' area of the lab.

Apparently, he had grown 'attached' to my presence and I was disrupting thier testing period or some irrelevant shit. I've been dreaming of Brutus' breath on my neck for the past five days. His hands grazing my abdomen, leading up to my face where his intense green eyes gazed into mine with a heat I didn't understand. Even though I was shy and often kept to myself, I had a curioustiy streak that could rival any cat and I couldn't help myself from sneking into the lab after hours to go visit him.

That's why I was currently busting into the women's restroom window, smashing my head against the garbage can that's oddly placed in the stall. Who even puts tiny garbage cans in a bathroom stall, and why didn't men's bathrooms have them?

Shaking my head to focus my thoughts, I pulled myself to my full height and quietly walked out of the bathroom, immediatly slamming my hands to my ears as ear splitting howls filled the corridor leading towards Brutus' ward. Checking for cameras and oddly finding none, I stealthy walked down the hallway towards the door that lead into the lab area for Brutus.

The howls stop as soon as I open the door to the pitch black room. I flicked the lights back on, trying to get my eyes to adjust quickly to the burst of light. I itched my eyes carefully, hating the contacts my mother encouraged me to wear. I felt eyes on me and snapped my head towards Brutus' confinement. It was pitch black and eerie looking. Did I really make the right descision by coming here alone?

The only downfall to our beautiful science building, was that the actual switch to turn the lights on from outside of the glass confinement was on the control board, which was currently powered down and had to stay powered down if I wanted to go undetected. So now I had to open a hatch of glass and turn the switch on by shoving my hand into an unknown hole, with a full grown werewolf, in the dark. I may be smart but I'm probably the dumbest person ever to even actually be considering doing this. I don't need to see him, right?

I put my thick fingers on the hatch lock and twisted it, the lock clicking couldn't have been louder, and I felt as though it echoed through the whole room. Slowly sticking my hand in, I inhaled sharply when my hand immediately hit a hard chest. I kept my trembling hand there, as I felt sparks shoot through my arm and revealed in Brutus' deep groan as if he felt the same sparks too. I pulled my arm off his chest, hating not being able to see him. Turing the switch on, he quickly grabbed my wrist, yanking my body into the glass, making me groan in pain this time.

"Mate", he growled loudly, making me cringe in fear. As if smelling how afraid I was he let the tight grip slack slightly, but still pulled my body into the confinement as much as it would fit.

"Brutus-," he purred lightly at me mentioning his name, "let me get a chair and then I can hold your hand." I told him soothingly as I gently pulled my limb away from his grasp. I would've gone into the confinement, but that would've caused the whole system to boot up, something that wasn't needed. He growled the whole time I wasn't touching him. Sitting in the chair I pulled over, he grasped my hand, rubbing with both hands up and down my arm as he sat on top of a chair his own.