𝔱𝔢𝔫!

✧・゚: 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔢𝔴 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩!

Two straight months of working on a metal slash punk rock song took a visible physical and an equally emotional toll on both Vicious Ventura and their glam metal counterparts. All the headaches, sore throats, and fingers, not to mention the need for all of them to murder each other within the confines of the studio when the two bands didn't see eye to eye were now over. And all those mixed emotions didn't happen in vain either because at the end of the metaphorical rainbow there was a clear reconciliation in the form of a brand new song that featured the accomplished members of both bands and their own take on how they wished the song to go.

Overall, the song—which was aptly named "Wounded By Women" per Tanya's request as the bands completed the first half of the song—had noticeable influences from both music genres. Between Vicious Ventura's sharp yet mainly chilled-out approach and Mötley Crüe's in-your-face attitude, there was no such thing as ignoring the song when it was being played back in the recording studio. In fact, the intro of the song was Milani letting out an ear-splitting shriek similar to a horror movie actress right before Tanya's voice interrupted the scream by blandly expressing herself with the words 'Ah, fuck. She's been stabbed in the back. Get the casket, Tony!' And then the first half of the song kicked off with the heaviest instrumentals from Mötley Crüe. Mick's riffs on the guitar were probably the best part of it all, but together, the band managed to compliment and highlight Tanya's typical straining vocals which became a running joke during recording sessions.

Tony used to say that it sounded like Janis Joplin being adopted into a hard rock band. That was quite the comparison indeed but Tanya sort of did hit the type of notes that would've come from someone like Janis Joplin. And while the first half of the song seemed to be this clashing explosion of vocals and instrumentals, there was a serious message behind Tanya's lyrics which was true to the title of the song. The blonde frontwoman sang about how girls were too catty to deal with and about all the times she's been either trash-talked by the female species or physically gotten into an altercation with a fellow woman.

There was a clear reason as to why Milani was her only female friend. Tanya couldn't be fucking bothered to deal with the LA bitches that presented themselves. They were either diehard groupies or pompous princesses who didn't even like punk rock in the first place. Tanya didn't despise them because they didn't agree on music genres, it was because they judged the blonde the minute they looked at her. For that reason, Tanya's feelings towards those girls were mutual and she would gladly make that clear within the song.

On the other hand, when Tanya gave Mötley Crüe creative control over their half of the song by giving them no information other than the title of the song, of course, they—more specifically Vince—interpreted it in a more literal sense and managed to somehow make it about how women toy with the fragile emotions and egos of all men alike. Initially, Tanya wasn't into the concept of their part of the song, but after some revisions thanks to Nikki's lyrical genius, the words turned into hidden meanings which would keep people guessing. Tanya was ever so grateful for the bassist's vocabulary because the blonde wasn't about to release a song that shared with the world how much Vince was still crying over a one-night stand from five years ago.