Pinching my brows at his unexpected question, I wonder what war is he referring to.

"What war?"

"The same war that was happening all over the world."

"I don't think so. There was nothing like that going on."

"Then does that mean it ended? Which side won?"

"No, nothing ended because there was no war to begin with."

"What are you talking about?"

Argus was bewildered. As if he didn't believe Katherine at all.

"What are you talking about?"

I snapped his question back at him.

"The one and only war. I was in that war."

This makes me arch my brow. He clearly doesn't seem like he's lying.

"What year are you talking about?"

"Naturally 1982."

"Huh!"

This makes my jaw drop and eyes completely open. Observing my reaction, he identifies something is wrong and his eyes also go around. Stuttering he pointed at me and added,

"You...what year were you in when you cam here?"

"2018."

"F*ck. No way."

He cursed, running his hands through his hair.

"You better not be messing with me."

He added. Unable to digest what was going on.

"I'm not."

I assured him.

"Then how is this possible?"

"I have no idea. You're from the 80s."

"Don't make it sound like as if I'm old."

"But this makes you old."

".... As far as I remember, I was 20 and then I got stuck in this stupid book."

"Where did you read the book?"

"During war, we often took shelter in abandoned houses. I found this book in one of those houses and read it."

"Then do you know the ending?"

"Nah. I could barely get to the middle part. I barely read till the part where Argus dies. I thought the book ends there. But there is more?"

"By all means, there is a lot more. But I also haven't read the ending. I've merely read till the middle."

"Which means we both don't know how this book ends."

"That's not what matters right now. More importantly, there must be some connection for us to wind up here."

"Likewise. And it's not only us that's here."

"What? There are more?"

"Yes. I only know one more. But that person hates talking about things like this and wants to keep living like the character in the book. They advised me to do the same as well."

"But we still need to discover a solution. Can we all meet up to discuss and figure out what to do?"

"I will have to ask that person first about this. Though I'm certain they'll agree."

"That's good then."

"Yes."

......

After that, awkward silence spread in the room. The thought of me leaving and having work to do entered my mind but I still waited for one of us to break this silence. Plus with this unexpected revelation, there are still questions in my mind. Should I mention something?