𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 5࿐⋆jealousy, jealousy⋆

Start from the beginning

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

"What in the living hex is this?" Y/N said blankly, staring at the notice.

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" one of the second-years asked his friend.

"I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," Ron said darkly, making the second-year jump. "I don't think we're going to be as lucky, though, do you?" he asked Harry and Y/N as the second-years hurried away.

The happiness that had filled Harry since last night was gone. His insides were pulsing with rage.

"This isn't a coincidence," he said, his hands forming fists. "She knows."

"She can't," said Y/N. "It's not. . ."

Her mind brought up a crazy thought all of a sudden. Could it have been him? I mean, he was definitely capable of doing something like this. . . Rigel was always known for his cunning and stealth, so it won't be much of a surprise for her if he were lurking around the pub to follow her moves. . .

"Zacharias Smith!" said Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand. "I bet-"

"I will kill you, Ron!" snapped Y/N.

"Someone must have blabbed to her!" Ron said angrily.

"They can't have done," said Hermione in a low voice.

"You're so naive," said Ron, "you think just because you're all honourable and trustworthy-"

"No, they can't have done, because Y/N and I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed," said Hermione grimly. "Believe me, if anyone's run off and told Umbridge, we'll know exactly who they are and they will really regret it."

"What'll happen to them?" said Ron eagerly.

"Well, put it this way," said Y/N, "it'll make Eloise Midgeon's acne look like a couple of cute freckles."

"Come on, let's get down to breakfast and see what the others think. . ." said Hermione. "I wonder whether this has been put up in all the houses?"

It was immediately apparent on entering the Great Hall that Umbridge's sign had not only appeared in Gryffindor Tower.

There was a peculiar intensity about the chatter and an extra measure of movement in the Hall as people scurried up and down their tables conferring on what they had read.

Harry, Ron, Y/N, and Hermione had barely taken their seats when Neville, Dean, Fred, George, and Ginny descended upon them.

"Did you see it?"

"D'you reckon she knows?"

"What are we going to do?"

They were all looking at Harry. He glanced around to make sure there were no teachers near them.

"We're going to do it anyway of course," he said quietly.

"Knew you'd say that," said George, beaming and thumping Harry on the arm.

"The prefects as well?" said Fred, looking quizzically at Ron and Hermione.

"Of course," said Hermione coolly.

"Here come Ernie and Charlotte Wenlock," said Ron, looking over his shoulder. "And those Ravenclaw blokes, the Walkers, and Smith. . . and no one looks very spotty."