⁵⁰▴Natasha Romanoff▴

Plot: "I'm a ghost. Now you see me, now you... don't" Part 2

~!Requested!~

All Rights Reserved! This Is My Own Story

Previously: "Can we run tests on her?" Tony and Bruce asked Fury in unison. Fury was hesitant, but agreed anyway. A few minutes later you were whisked away into a lab to start multiple tests...

The tests were painful, well only some of them, but you were still in pain. Turns out when you do come back into the 'material world' (as Tony and Bruce liked to call it) with something inside of you, it stays and it hurt like a bitch. Thankfully the stick was only in your finger. When you came back it felt as of the stick had been stabbed through your finger and it looked like that too. You took many blood tests and the two scientists studies as much of you as they could. They analysed your brain before, during and after the disappearance, how you moved, if spray paint affected you whilst you were invisible (it does), somehow they even analysed your genes Dr Banner said something about some of your genes mutating and endurance and durability tests (those were the worst).

After all of the tests you were warned out, you had absolutely no energy and Dr Banner had told you that it was best if you rest for at least a week. You had to sleep in the lab though, as they wanted to note your ability to recover. The bed was comfy at least, but the bright lights were annoying at times. You felt lonely and home sick and no one ever visited you; your father tried, but he was always busy and Tony had cameras everywhere so he couldn't show you any affection. Your father did call though, every single night for half an hour, minimum.

On the fourth day of doing nothing, you were lying in bed when a red-headed agent came walking through the doors. You instantly sat up and tried to fix your hair, well... to the best of your ability. You watched as she strode her way towards you and sat down on a stool next to you. She pulled out a clipboard and a pen. Your eye brows furrowed in confusion. 

"I'm going to ask you a few questions, is that okay?" She politely asked as she looked up from the clipboard and into your eyes. Your heart pounded, how could she make you so nervous just by looking at you? You cleared your throat and nodded. 

"Have you had any sexual partners?" Natasha read from the board. You choked on your own saliva and a warm blush spread across your cheeks.

"Pardon?"

"Sorry if these questions make you uncomfortable, but S.H.I.E.L.D requested them." She apologized. You nodded your head again. You wanted the bed to swallow you whole. You were still drained of energy you couldn't even disappear. "Is that a yes?" Your eyes widened and you quickly shook your head. You spent the rest of the questions staring up at the ceiling. As Natasha wrote down your answers she couldn't help but smirk. She loved seeing you flustered even if it was just the questions.

Finally, the questions were over and Natasha left the room. You turned to your side and buried your head in your hands before screaming into a pillow. Why was Natasha the one to ask those questions? Was there no other person around? 

It had been three weeks since the tests and you were going through training with all of the Avengers. Tech training with Tony, long ranged weapons with Clint, running with Sam, magic control with Wanda, tests with Bruce, normal workouts with Steve, weapons training with Bucky, shopping and eating with Thor and hand-to-hand combat with Natasha.

You walked back into the compound with Sam, the both of you all sweaty from your run. You flipped the damp, cold towel over your shoulder and took a sip from your bottle. As the two of you talked Natasha came into view, you noticed her subtly look you up and down. You would be lying if you didn't say you were a little flustered. You nervously smiled at her when she passed. You looked back and watched her walk away. When you looked back to Sam a knowing look  displayed across his features along with a smirk.