Chapter 9

" It's so unfair that the guys got to go hunt the bear ", Caroline complained as the girls walked downstairs," I mean , even Stefan and Damon got to go ".

Alexandra, Elena and Bonnie shared a look ,but didn't comment . It wouldn't have made any difference . Caroline sometimes only complains for complaining's sake .

They made coffee and Alexandra was tasked with going to give Bella her cup . When she got to Bella's room it was cleaned up and she was nowhere to be seen. There wasn't even anyone in the bathroom .

" Guys, Bella's not upstairs ", she said once she got back to the others.

" Maybe she's outside ," Elena said ," I'll go check ".

But Bella was definitely not there and her truck wasn't there either .

" Oh no, I guess she decided to ditch us today and go to La Push on her own ", Bonnie remarked looking quite troubled.

" Well, she'll be fine . Didn't you want to go see Cora today , Bonnie?", Alexandra said .

" Yeah , Caroline promised to go with me ."

" Um.. great ,so...um, Elena and I'll stay here then  and catch up and all that ."

" We've been catching up this whole time , Sissy. I think I'll rather go with Bon ".

Alexandra pouted . " Okay. I'll stay here then and do some housework. Goodness knows how everyone can live in this pigsty ".

She was exaggerating , but nobody said so as they finished up their coffee and left , leaving her to wallow .
              🃏🎲🎲🃏
She cleaned up the house, did the laundry and then went to sit on the living room couch to read a book .

It was just a plain old boring love story where the girl met her soulmate on the first page while she cried her eyes out in a train compartment.

She didn't really want to read the book ,but it was either this one or she'd have to read all the others she'd read before .
She'd have to visit a bookstore or a library sometime soon .

She sat reading ,emersed in the life of the poor girl called Lizanne and didn't even hear when the front door quietly opened and closed .

But then the lights went out and she sat up straighter ,her eyes narrowing as she let them roam over the half dark living room .

She wondered if it was because of the weather outside , or because someone was trying to play a prank on her.

She hoped the latter was just an imagination of her as she walked to the front door to open it and look outside at the weather .

It wasn't raining ,but the sky didn't look all too nice either as it had witnessed something horrible and was now in a bad mood .
It was dark and she wondered if a storm was coming.

And then she turned around to go back inside only to bump into a Cullen .

With a yelp she stood back looking into the eyes of one Alice Cullen , the pixie of nightmares .
           🎲🃏🃏🃏🎲
" What brought you back to Forks ?", Alexandra immediately asked once she'd  calmed down a little bit ," And what made you walk into our house without knocking first?".

" I can't tell you right now because I don't know if you know what I know  ".

Alexandra lifted an eyebrow in confusion at her . The girl was being evasive and that didn't make sense to her. Especially the way she phrased her words .

" Well okay ," she said ," Bella's not here . She's at La Push visiting a friend".

" Oh," Alice said ," I didn't know she had a friend there ".

" Well, you've been gone. I hope she kicks your family's behind and send you on your way . "

Alice only looked at her emotionlessly at that . She probably thought of how insane this girl was for being unfriendly to a Vampire.

" Anyway , sit down . Rest your feet . I'm sure it'll be a while before that adrenaline junkie of a cousin of mine comes back . Oh and I gotta warn ya . We have friends living here for spring break.  My siblings and friends from Mystic Falls . You'll probably mee_"

The front door opening made an end to Alexandra's ramblings and by the sound of the loud girly voices it was her twin and their two besties  coming back from their visit to Cora Bennett.

" Alex !," Elena called out , confirming that notion .

" In the living room ,Lena !", she called back .

Caroline came first through the living room doorway , her eyes going straight to Alice ,who stood up to stare right back .

" What are you ?", the pixie vamp  and the Barbie vamp asked in unison .

" I asked first ! ", Alice retorted .

" No , I did !", Caroline threw back shooting her an angry glare .

Before the others could say something to defuse the two girls , the front door banged open and Bella called out to Alexandra​ and Elena .

Then she came into the living room and it was like the previous months since the Cullens had left never happened because she rushed to hug Alice Cullen fiercely like she was a lifeline or something.

" Bella , would you explain how you're alive?. I saw you jump from a cliff ", Alice demanded, her darkened eyes looking up at the girl.

Bella smiled awkwardly. " I didn't jump to kill myself . I was cliff diving  recreationally . It was....fun ".

" Fun ?... Really?...In this weather?", Alexandra commented her eyes on her cousin who had clearly forgotten about her and the other girls.

Ignoring her Bella asked " So, what're you doing here ,Alice?. Don't get me wrong . I'm glad that you're here ,but...". She let her voice trail off for emphasis .

" I saw you jump and I rushed here if your Dad needed my help ,but clearly he doesn't because you're alive and well."

" Yeah no thanks to you and your family ", Alexandra deadpanned.

Once again she is ignored in favour of Alice . " Did you tell him?. "

Everyone in the room knew who she meant and Alice didn't seem eager to answer , but did anyway .

" No, he doesn't live with us . He only checks in every few months . "

The other girls decided to leave the two at this point because Bella kept ignoring them as if Alice was the Queen and they just plain old wall décor .It was best that they just disappeared and Bella would probably be happier if they did .
           💞💕💖💕💞
Sorry it's so short . 💖