~chapter twenty-seven~

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry ma'am my boyfriend asked for one more person. Do you think you could put the drink down for just a second and tell him where he is." Dream said in a stern voice over my shoulder.

 She sighed and looked back up at us. "He's in a medically induced coma in an isolated room. As you saw young man, Jackson had a large glass shard deep into his lower stomach. All we know is that he suffered major blood loss and we got to him just in time to keep him stable. He also had a major concussion seeing as the driver hit his side of the door directly. Nora and Jules suffered minor injuries. Nora has a small cut on her head when she hit the steering wheel, and Jules has a minor concussion. Visiting hours are over in an hour I suggest you go visit them."

He's in a coma?

I felt Dream grab my hand and pull me to the elevators. I was stuck in a trance and my thoughts were running at a million miles per minute. Dream might have been talking to me but I couldn't hear him. Out of everything I could have imagined from that call it wasn't this. My nephew was in a coma. I cant even imagine how Nora must be feeling. I heard the little 'ding' from the elevator doors and briefly saw my reflection as they opened.

I turned to the right and saw the wooden sign with the letters carved out to say 'Floor 2'. My eyes widened and I started sprinting down the call until I saw the correct door. I didn't even have to wait to knock I just barged in.

"Nora!" I saw my sister in the bed closest to the door, I felt Dream take a seat to give us some space, in the process closing the door so we would all be in the closed room.

When I got closer to her, I could see her eyes were red and puffy but she was discreetly trying to hide them from her daughter.

"Oh.." I carefully gave her a side hug and gave her a little kiss on her forehead. I whispered the next part just in case, "Does she know what happened to him?"

"Yeah, she won't speak to me though George. She's completely upset but I know her head hurts, she has a concussion for god-sake but she refuses to take any pills until she knows her brother is okay. George I'm worried for him."

"I know, I know I am too. But he's strong and it's up to him now okay? Can I try talking to her?"

"Go ahead, I need to get up to use the bathroom anyway, I'm going to ask the nurses on an update too."

With that she got up carefully and left the room. I walked to Dream and gave him a small kiss on the forehead, which he responded with a soft blush and smile. I turned around and saw my niece facing the windows, turned away from facing us. As I got closer to her I heard her little sniffles and instantly felt bad. I turned to look at Dream and he gave me a little smile encouraging me.

"Hi Jules." I sat right next to her so I was still facing Dream and looking at her too. However Dream wasn't my priority right now. Once I sat down with my back against the hospital bed board, I picked her little body up and sat her on my lap. "How are you feeling tiny?"

She rested her head on my chest while hugging my waist tightly, and she nodded left and right.

"Can you say something for me? Please? I need to know what I can do to help." I started playing with  her hair, then I felt my shirt gain a wet patch. She was crying again.

"George?" Her voice was breaking as she spoke to me, "Will I ever see him again?"

And just when I thought my heart couldn't break more.

"You will. Jackson is strong you know that. Does.. your head hurt?"

She hesitated for a bit then nodded softly. "It hurts a lot Uncle George." She frowned and snuggled her head into my chest. I looked up at Dream and he was smiling very hard at me, I'm not sure why. But once I looked over at the end table that had the pills and water, he got the idea of what I wanted. 

He stood up and then carefully grabbed the water cup and pills. He walked over to me and I received the items from him. I mouthed a 'thank you' then gave her the pills.

"Drink these please, you need to get better, if not for me or your mom, then for Jackson."

"Okay." She whispered. She sat up and off my lap to get a better angle to swallow the pills. She tilted her head back then drank them one by one. "I think I want to sleep now if that's okay with you?"

"Yes that's okay love, get some rest. Clay and I are going to find your mom okay?" She once again nodded then I headed over to Dream where he waited stood up. We both walked out the door hand in hand to see Nora looking over the moon.

"Is everything okay?" Dream asked her gently.

"Better than okay. He's awake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Consider voting? It would be poggers :) Thank you guys for 2.5reads! it means the world to me. Sorry for the short chapter, I was playing bedwars all day :)

1604 words

EDITED

-Luna M