day 1

its another day of waking up at 4:30, heading to the gym for an hour and a half, and go home and get ready for school just to be there for 8 hours and have soccer tryouts and practice directly after.

mom: y/n, get down here. breakfast is ready and you just got back from the gym. i know you have to be starving and you shouldnt start an 8 hour day based on hunger.

y/n: i had a granola bar this morning.

mom: not enough. down here. now.

i always listened to my mom, she never gave me a reason to think that she didnt know best.
i ate what she had fixed for me which happened to be one of my favorites. blueberry pancakes, with bacon on the side. i thanked my mom and grabbed my keys to my car.

*incoming call from jenna swift*
y/n: goodmorninggg!

jenna: goodmorning! lanes driving me to school today, and i was wondering if you wanted a ride to school on this lovely morning?

y/n: lanes driving? yeah ill pass.

lane: screw you too.

y/n: right. so, ill see you in 2nd period if im not there by 8 jen. love you.

jenna: i love you too, drive safe.

i was a few minutes from the school and got an incoming email, on my school account.

-email-
dear y/n gomez,
the institute of Californian soccer is happy to inform you that you have been granted a 1 year scholarship to play for the soccer team in cali. you and a few other of your local teammates have been hand picked selected on talent, work ethic, and sportsmanship. if you are willing to take us up on the offer let us know at @caliunionsoccerinstitute.

-michelle carnistan, cali union.

i couldn't believe this, i forwarded the email to jenna.

y/n: JENNA!

jenna: girlll thats amazing ! you gonna take it ?

y/n: idk. i mean, i have to talk to my mom first. i cant leave her without her knowing.

jenna: well ofc. but i think you should do it if its up to you. this is a huge opportunity and could launch your soccer career.

y/n: i agree. but idk who all the other teammates are that have been selected. what if its just me and alana.

jenna: seriously dont let her get in the way of your dreams.
j: im at school tho, ill see u second p.

my heart is LITERALLY racing. imagining a world where i could play soccer, and live in cali. but id be leaving so much behind. of course i was worried, but i truly wanted to go and i feel like its the right thing.
when i walked into the school there was a list next to the main entrance. labelled: cali union athletes.
there were multiple categories, for different sports. so i scanned for soccer.

1. alana ray
oh no. off to a bad start..

2. y/n gomez
3. sierra crowe
4. chloe garrison

chloe walked behind me, looking at the list.

chloe: yikes. alana.. this should be fun. congrats btw!

smiled and walked away.
more athletes came and went as they looked at the list and the athletes attending the scholarship. at least the ones offered one.

vincent polia, my childhood best friend stopped at my locker.

vincent: excited for the scholly?

y/n: please lmao do you even have to ask?

vincent: well if i got that news id be bouncing off the walls. which you dont seem to be doing..

y/n: there are other ways to express.. happiness?

vincent: theres the cute unsureness i always knew.

did he just call me cute? no. he called my unsureness cute. not the same thing. i mean i dont even like him like that. of course he's attractive but i wouldnt date him. i dont think i would. but im about to leave it doesnt matter anyways.

vincent: what are you doing after soccer tonight, i want to see you.

y/n: no plans yet.

vincent: you do now. ill pick you up after practice, see you then.

he smiled and left to first period. did vince just ask me out on a date? or am i going crazy.

gonna stop that first chapter here. i hope you like the plot so far because so much more is to come. share my story<3!!