"of course red. you can call me whatever you want. wait, i can call you red right? is that okay with you?"

minghao never thought about whether it was okay with him or not. of course he was okay with it, it made him feel special. though, the fae couldn't deny that jun asking for permission unlocked at certain level trust and respect from him.

jun stood up from the practice room floor abruptly, bowing and extending his hand out to minghao. 

"care to dance, red?"

minghao resisted at first, "i don't really dance like this..."

"cmon red, you're breakin' my heart here. i don't usually do this either, but this feels right. you're really gonna turn me down?"

minghao cracked a small smile at the goofy imanity and reached out to grab his hand. 

"yes i'll dance with you, junhui."

the walls around them were covered in mirrors, the light bouncing off them to make the room bright. however, this wasn't the mood they wanted. minghao walked around the room and extinguished all the lights around the room, leaving just the red and gold glimmer of his wings to leave a faint trail behind him.

"junhui?" minghao called out softly, his hands reaching out for the other boy.

he felt an arm wrap around his waist, getting pulled in close enough that he was nose to nose with jun.

"i'm right here red. no way i could miss you."

minghao could feel jun's breath against his face, and hoped that the other boy couldn't see the blush that was spread all over his face. 

the boys adjusted to a comfortable position, with minghao's arms delicately wrapped around jun's neck, and jun's arms placed firmly on the fae's waist. the two didn't dance extravagantly, but just swayed to the comfortable silence. they needed no music, the sound of their hearts beating erratically was music to both their ears.

"hey red, it's kinda late to ask but i think it's safe to assume you're into guys?"

minghao let out a soft giggle, letting his fingers play with some of jun's hair.

"well, more specifically," he started off slowly, gently leaning in to bring his lips up to jun's ear, "i'm into you."

the feeling of minghao's breath against jun's skin made him jump and melt at the same time. nervous yet confident. scared yet excited. ready yet contemplating.

 the faint light that emitted from minghao's wings highlighted their features softly.

"junhui...?"

"minghao?"

"why are you calling me that and not red?"

"i don't know, it sounded like we were doing that"

"does calling you junhui really feel that formal to you?"

jun chuckled, "yeah a little bit, but it's okay."

"no no," minghao started, "i just wanted to call you something different from everyone else. how about... junnie?"

jun thanked the heavens that minghao couldn't see his blush, and just held the fae's waist tighter. "junnie, junnie is perfect. thanks red."

"hey red?"

"yes junnie?"

"i'm gonna be honest. i don't really like games and being confused. i like being straightforward. the truth is that we don't know each other that well. however, i like this and i like you. i... i want to see if we could be something."