Sophia - CHAPTER 19

Börja om från början

When he's done getting ready, he waits for Sophia to get out of the bathroom.

"Hey, is this too much?" She asks him, looking in the mirror. He walks over to the bathroom and sees what she's wearing.

"You look beautiful."

Sophia smiles. "Thank you. I guess I'm ready then." She looks at Wade. "You look different."

"Do you like it?" Wade looks at himself in the mirror.

She nods. "It looks really good on you." She grabs one of the buttons on his shirt and unbuttons it. "There, a little bit more southern."

"Thank you, baby." He says kissing her.

Sophia smiles at him and bites her bottom lip. Moments like this are something she's always dreamed of. And how lucky does a girl have to be to get this with a person she'd never expect to even walk into her life.

"Something on your mind?" He asks her, grabbing the car keys.

She shakes her head. "Just grateful. Never thought that throwing beer on Wade Anderson would turn into this."

He chuckles. "Yeah... who would've thought that being mean to Sophia Davis would turn out into dating."

Sophia's cheeks flush and laughs. She definitely gave in quickly to his apology that night. But it was her best decision.

Wade opens the car door for her and he also closes it. They drive to the rodeo and when they get there, it's sunset so Sophia tries to take a few selfies with Wade while trying to get the background in it too.

"Hey! I saw you from over there and I was wondering if you wanted me to take a picture of you two." A girl who seems to be around 17 asks Wade and Sophia.

Sophia smiles. "That would be amazing! Thank you." She says handing her the phone.

Sophia's hand lays on Wade's chest and his hand falls on her lower waist, pulling her closer. The girl takes a few pictures of them and Sophia thanks her.

"Let me see," Wade asks and Sophia gives him her phone. "We look good. We should take pictures more often."

Sophia nods agreeing.

"I guess we have to put it in our list of things to do."

"Yeah. We definitely do." Wade gives her the phone back and looks around then he looks at his watch. "Do you want anything to eat or drink? We still have 30 minutes."

"Just a beer and some chips please." She asks, handing him her credit card. "It's my treat."

"Okay. I'll be back in five." Wade doesn't protest even though it bothers him because he knows she'll end up winning the argument with the 'you paid for the tickets, the least I can do is pay for the food' line. He kisses her forehead.

"I'll go get our seats." She tells him.

Sophia sits down in the first row and puts her purse next to her, saving Wade a seat.

When he comes back he hands her the food and the drink. "Thank you for getting it."

They both start eating and talking before the rodeo starts but just before, a girl around their age comes up to Wade and sits a little too close to him.

At least for Sophia since she notices and Wade just continues to eat his food. "Hey," Sophia tells him and he looks up.

"Yeah?"

Without a warning, Sophia kisses Wade and he immediately puts his arm around her. The kiss deepens and Sophia leans in closer so she touches the air and makes sure the girl is gone.