𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

as reverie sat in class, she watched the rest of her friends basically fall asleep. bombay had them sprinting for hours last night. she held a lot of sympathy for the kids around her. reverie's crutches were off to the back of the room and charlie has had to help her carry around her stuff all day.

      reverie hasn't verbally said anything to adam, but she wants to talk to him about what had happened. even though they hate each other, she doesn't want it to be awkward between them. adam wanted to talk to the girl as well, but hasn't found the right time yet.

      "okay, guys, this is crazy. have the rest of the day off. don't worry about practice. gordon should have never have pushed you all that hard," ms. mckay said, dismissing everyone. they immediately shot up and grabbed their stuff. charlie went to go grab reverie's stuff when adam stopped him.

      "i've got it," adam interrupted. charlie looked at him in shock, but said nothing. he gestured towards reverie's things and then walked out of the classroom. adam handed reverie her crutches and got her bag for her. the pair walked out of the classroom in silence, the tension thick.

      after a moment, adam spoke, finally breaking the silence, "i'm really sorry about what i said. i shouldn't have assumed anything about your family. it was wrong and i'm sorry."

      "it's okay. i shouldn't have ignored you when you tried to apologise earlier. and, plus, you didn't know about my dad. it wasn't fair of me to do that to you," reverie said, looking up at him with a smile.

      "we still hate each other though, right?" adam asked.

      reverie let out a loud laugh, "of course. i wouldn't have it any other way. also, how's your wrist? and don't say it's fine because i know it isn't."

      "it hurts, but i think i can still play," adam said looking down at reverie.

      reverie gave him a little smile, "okay, but if you can't play, don't try to play. it will only make it worse."

      "okay. now, let's get moving, princess. i want to go hang out with the rest of the group," adam said before slinging his arm around her shoulder.

      "don't call me princess, dildo," reverie said while pushing his arm off her and swinging herself through the hallway with her crutches. adam laughed silently before following after her.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

      team usa was stretching out on the football fields while reverie layed on the grass next to them, soaking up the nice, california sun. the group was complaining about having to stretch, but reverie wasn't really paying any attention. she was just happy to be outside with her book.