𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

the next day, reverie and julie got up at around 8:00 am and started to get ready to go meet the rest of the team. julie told reverie that the team they were joining with was called the ducks and the coach was named coach bombay.

      they arrived at the rink and went straight to the locker room to get ready. they had gotten there earlier than the ducks so they could warm up before giving a little show/performance to show off their skills.

      "what do you guys think the rest of the team will be like?" ken asked.

      "hopefully nice," julie said with a light smile.

      "they better be funny or i swear to god i will fly back home to oregon. i don't think i'm mentally stable enough to be around people who do not have a sense of humor," reverie said in her normal, monotone voice.

      "i agree, babe. oh, and they have to like good music or else i don't think any of us will be rocking with the ducks," agreed dean. (authors note: i'm rocking with mark cuz mark is rocking with us)

      reverie and dean had become fast friends, seeing as they are basically the same person. they are both unnecessarily aggressive, have good music taste, and are actually funny.

      "alright guys, let's get out there and warm up," said luis.

      all of them went out of the locker room and started to warm up. about twenty minutes went by and that's when the ducks got out onto the ice. the first thing reverie noticed was how many kids there were. they all seemed really close which made reverie a little bit nervous about fitting in, but then she thought if they aren't rocking with me then i'm not rocking with them.

      reverie scanned the faces of the team and immediately two people caught her eye. one was a boy with blond hair and blue eyes. he wearing a number 99 jersey and the other was a girl with long brown hair and perfect skin. she stared at them for a moment then brought her attention back to mr. titties and coach bombay.

      "that's luis mendoza. he's from our miami club. he's a real speedster. incredible skater. i clocked him at 1.9 seconds blue line to blue line. " mr. tibbles explained.

      luis proceeded to skate around the rink. reverie must admit, he does have amazing talent. he really is an incredible looking skater. reverie looked to the girl from the ducks again and watched as the boy next to her elbowed the boy behind her, causing him to fall. reverie silently laughed to herself while watching him go down.

      "there's one minor problem, he has a little trouble stopping," the pile of ashes says as reverie watched luis slam into the boards. she quickly skated over and grabbed his arm, pulling him up. luis gave the girl a grateful smile before he skated off and let her take her turn.

      "reverie callas, the best forward in the state of orgeon for ages 13-17. she is an incredible skater and she uses more of her smarts to get her through the game then just her body. she's helped the spartans win three state championships in the state of oregon," mr. tibbles explained.

      reverie skated around the ice with the puck. she decided she wanted to just show off the basics and do a couple of her signature moves. she demonstrated how she would normally fake around players and hide the puck. the rest of the ducks could tell she was amazing. 

      after she was done, she looked towards the rest of the ducks for confirmation and found all of them mostly pleased with how she did. she made eye contact with the girl from before and they exchanged nice smiles. 

      "yeehaw! how's everyone? y'all ready to play some puck?" dwayne asked excitedly. reverie got a huge smile on her face, admiring how enthusiastic he is about meeting new people.