Sheldon is a Jerk

Start from the beginning

Bernadette exchanged glances with Penny before replying. "I think Penny means that by under his skin, you are becoming important to him and he doesn't adapt well with things like that, especially with his work."

Carly turned to Bernadette with hope. "You mean I am becoming more important to him than science and he is having a difficult time adjusting to that?"

Penny and Bernadette nodded, but Penny answered. "Maybe not more important to him, because he is practically married to his work. But you are getting up there and from what you told us of what he said; he can't concentrate because he is thinking about you. That is a good sign. He just went about telling you the wrong way…which isn't surprising with Sheldon."

Carly's eyes dropped to her glass once more, thinking her friends' words over. "You're right. He was just being irrational because he didn't know how to react to what he feels about me." A slow smile appeared on her face but she jumped as she heard the door across the hall close.

Penny stood instantly and walked over to her door and opened it. "Um…either one of the guys left or Sheldon is home."

Carly's heart jumped and she stood, setting down her glass. "I—gotta go home. What if he comes over here and yells at me again? I don't know if I can take it."

Bernadette rose and patted Carly's arm. "It's going to be fine. Go home and try to relax. Get your mind off of Sheldon for a while…you really need it."

Carly forced herself to exhale and she nodded. "Okay…I'll see you guys later."

Penny pulled her into a hug when Carly approached her. "I'll kick his ass if he does something like this again, I promise."

Carly laughed and they pulled away. "Thanks, both of you," she said, smiling to Bernadette also. "You guys are great friends."

"You're welcome," Bernadette replied with a smile and Penny waved her off modestly.

"Oh no!" Raj's voice was heard from inside the apartment across the hall and the girls all tensed.

"Bye," Carly said before disappearing down the stairs to her apartment.

Penny glared at the guys' apartment and marched over and opened the door. "What in the hell is going on?" she shouted, causing Raj who had apparently been freaking out to Howard as he stood, to sit down awkwardly as Penny walked in.

"Where is that bastard?" she asked, Bernadette walking in behind her as Howard glanced to his fiancée.

"Uhm…I am guessing you mean Sheldon…or Leonard maybe…either way, they are in Sheldon's room," Howard replied, jabbing his thumb in the direction of the back of the apartment.

Penny stormed past them, muttering to herself about that skinny asshole and who does he think he is. Bernadette closed the door and entered the apartment fully, walking over to Howard and he hugged her to him which she smiled appreciatively up at him. "What's wrong with Raj?" she asked, looking down at the Indian man that was sitting on the couch staring uncomfortably away from them as he took a drink of Fresca.

Howard shrugged. "Apparently, Raj has a girlfriend from France that he never told us about that is into Marine Biology…and he told her that Caltech has that field and now she is planning on moving out here to attend and get her PhD."

Bernadette brightened. "That's great! Raj I am so happy for you!"

Raj sulked into the couch and Howard sighed. "Yeah…only thing is, he can't speak to her and she doesn't know that…that's why they have been keeping it to the internet."

Bernadette awed. "It'll be okay Raj. We will figure something out."

Raj nodded hopefully.

Penny had intended to barge into Sheldon's room and tell him off but Leonard was leaning against the outside of the door and he stopped her. "He doesn't want to talk to anyone," he said hastily to his girlfriend who looked like she would murder his roommate.

"Does it look like I care, Leonard?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips and pursing her lips.

Leonard stared at her, momentarily getting lost in the beauty of his girlfriend before shaking his head. "N-no…you don't….okay please go easy on him?" he pleaded, knowing how Penny could be.

"Oh I will go easy on him all right," she said, pushing him out of the way and entered the bedroom where Sheldon was curled up in fetal position on his bed. She had only seen him do that once and that was after he found out that the guys had deceived him during their trip to the North Pole and that had resulted him into moving back with his mother.

"Sheldon, get your ass up right now," Penny replied firmly, trying not to feel sorry for him.

Sheldon huffed. "No. Go away."

Penny rolled her eyes. "I know you are upset with yourself but can you please listen?"

Sheldon sighed and sat up, looking at her through red and puffy eyes. She softened her tone and face at his appearance, realizing he really had it bad for Carly. "Okay, thank you," Penny replied, placing her hands on her hips and Sheldon looked up at her expectantly.