Carly nodded, "Yes. I ended up getting a scholarship during high school, so I used that to pay my way through school."

Mrs. Cooper grinned, patting Carly' leg. "That's exciting. How old are you?"

Carly felt very awkward and she glanced at Sheldon who was trying to contain himself over with the others at the kitchenette. Carly looked back towards his mother. "27," she smiled.

"3 years difference, that isn't as bad as it could be. We have someone at my church that is fourteen years apart from his wife. Lovely couple," Mrs. Cooper replied. "Well it's nice to finally meet you, good lord I have been wishing for this day Shelly's whole life. It just proves that god can work miracles."

Carly looked to Sheldon uncomfortably again who rolled his eyes, "Mother, aren't we going to eat?" Sheldon interrupted, and Mrs. Cooper nodded.

"Yes Shelly, now stop being so impatient," she said sternly, standing. Carly stood as well but was pushed down by Mrs. Cooper. "No no, you sit. A gentleman always brings his lady a plate, don't they Shelly?" she smiled down at Carly before looking up at her son through narrowed eyes.

Sheldon stared at her for a moment before nodding, grabbing two plates. Carly bit her lip, "Oh it's all right, I can get it myself," she smiled at Mrs. Cooper, but the woman turned and gave her a pointed look and Carly sat back down silently, deciding she didn't want to deal with Mrs. Cooper.

Soon they were all seated, uncomfortably since there was an extra person now, and were eating dinner. "You know I will have to send you some of my recipes through email, Sheldon just loves a home cooked meal. You do cook don't you?"

Carly looked up at Mrs. Cooper, swallowing her food before answering. "Um, yes, I do. I lived with my Grandmother most of my life and she taught me a lot of her recipes," she nodded, glancing at Sheldon who was looking irritated instead of happiness now that his mother was actually talking to Carly.

"Oh that's good. That's where I learned most of my recipes, my mother and her mother," Mrs. Cooper spoke after eating a bite. "Well, here's an idea," she said smiling. "How about you and Shelly come down to Texas and meet the family."

Carly froze next to Sheldon who looked up appalled at his mother. "Mom! You know we can't go down there…." He replied, more afraid of having to go to church every Sunday and Wednesday than anything else. "We have work and Bernadette and Howard's wedding is coming up."

That distracted Mrs. Cooper from Carly and Sheldon for a little while, talking happily to the engaged couple about the upcoming wedding and how come she hadn't been invited. Soon everyone that didn't live in the apartment building was leaving for their own homes and Carly decided to excuse herself, not feeling very comfortable around Mrs. Cooper. Although, she did think that she was a very sweet woman, just was very blunt…that must be where Sheldon gets it.

"Well I should probably go. I have to work early in the morning," Carly said, standing up from the couch. "It was very nice to meet you Mrs. Cooper," she replied with a smile and she was then enveloped in a tight embrace by the older woman.

"You be careful now with my Shelly," Mrs. Cooper whispered into Carly's ear, catching the brunette off guard. "I know what's going on between you two and I just want you to know that I am not happy about it, but I like you Carly. You are very sweet and you put a light in his eyes that I have never seen in them unless he is around his grandmother. But you know as well as I do, he has his moments. Call me if you ever need someone to come kick his butt, all right?"

Carly smiled against the woman, relaxing for the first time that night. "Thanks Mrs. Cooper, I like your son a great deal," she replied.

Mrs. Cooper pulled away, looking up at her from beneath her eyebrows, smirking. "Like…right. I can see it between you two. It's a whole lot more than like, my dear."

Carly blushed, glancing to Sheldon who was helping Leonard clean up. She looked back to Mrs. Cooper. "Maybe," she said with a small shrug.

Mrs. Cooper grinned. "All in good time, hun. Now you have a good night, ya'here?"

Carly smiled and nodded, walking over to the kitchen to say goodbye. "I'm going home, Sheldon. I'll see you later, okay?"

He turned around from drying off a plate and he looked uncertain. "Is everything all right?"

Carly smiled, taking his hand and nodding. "More than all right," she said before leaning up and he knelt down a little so she could kiss his cheek. He smiled down at her and she left the apartment, leaving Leonard, Sheldon, and Mrs. Cooper alone.

"I like that woman, Shelly. She brings out a side in you I was praying to god that you had," Mrs. Cooper said making Sheldon narrow his eyes but Leonard laugh.