Chapter Thirteen

The sun shined in my face as I began to open my eyes at the blistering heat of the room. It took awhile for me to regain my vision, but it eventually came to me and I soon realized Lemmy was no where to be seen. I sat up from my spot and look all over the room to see the room empty and the door opened a bit. There was a bit of noise coming from the other side of the door and not wanting to make myself known, I texted Lemmy wondering where he was. Before I could do so, I noticed the time was two in the afternoon! Good lord! I've been asleep for almost twelve hours. Makes sense since I didn't get much sleep yesterday.

"Hey, where are you?" I texted him impatiently waiting for his response.

"Yay! You're finally awake! I'm in the kitchen, you can come down if you want." He responded.

"I'm nervous..." My social anxiety prevented me from going downstairs to meet the other Koopalings and possibly Bowser even if I was welcomed.

"Oh, right. Okay, I'll be up in a few minutes."

I got out of the bed and walked over the Lemmy's bathroom to freshen up. He had a smoke scented facial cleanser that was unfortunately the only cleanser. How do you even encapsulate the smell of smoke into a cleanser? I swear the Koopa Kingdom has the weirdest things.

I washed my face with the foul smelling product and quickly rinsed it off not wanting it on my face for long. I then brushed my teeth with Lemmy's toothpaste and a toothbrush that was underneath his sink.

A few moments passed and I could hear the door to the bathroom opened and in came Lemmy with a tired looked.

"Good afternoon, sleepyhead." He yawned walking over to the mirror to check himself out.

"Are you tired???" I asked with a mouth full of toothpaste that he could hardly understand.

"What? Dude, just brush your teeth." He rolled his eyes and went over to the tub and sat on its edge waiting for me to be done with my teeth brushing.

I took my time cleaning my teeth and finally spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth with water.

"Anyway, I asked if you're tired." I said.

"Duh, I've been up since eight in the morning and Kamek made a big breakfast and lunch for us. He made some for you as well." Lemmy's statement caught me off guard for a moment and I turned to face him.

"He knows I'm here??"

"Yeah, everyone does. Why else would I say you can come down?" He chuckled and began to stood up. "You ready to eat?" He asked nonchalantly as if what he was asking was a regular question.

"Uh...uhm-" I began to turn red and my heart began to race at the thought of my presence being known around the castle.

"It's okay! I'll be there the whole time if anything bad happens. Which nothing bad WILL happen." He walked over to me and held my hand reassuringly. "Also, I thought you broke out of that shy phase." He chuckled.

"I'm not shy!" I snapped back.

"Okay, you're not!" He held his hands up in defense and laughed. "So are you ready or?" He inquired.

"Yeah, let's go." I hesitated, but the thought of Lemmy being there with me eased my nerves.

He smiled and held my hand and we made our way down the living room/kitchen area where all of the Koopalings and Junior were at. Larry, Roy, and Morton were playing video games on their Nintendo Switch. Wendy was sitting on the large couch playing on her phone, not paying attention to what's around her. Iggy and Ludwig were in the kitchen helping Kamek clean the mess the Koopalings made and Junior was playing with his Thomas the Tank Engine play set on the far side of the room with a younger magikoopa and koopa troopa.

My body tensed at the sight of everyone together in one room and felt slightly embarrassed at the fact that I have woken up so late. Lemmy felt my nervousness and squeezed my hand tightly and looked up at me to let me know it was okay.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Greenie! It's nice to see you've finally awaken from your slumber." Kamek beamed having everyone in the vicinity, including Wendy, look in my direction. At this point, my heart began to race even faster and I gulped at the newfound attention I was receiving.

"Uh-um...Go-Good afternoon, e-everyone." I muttered out to try and sound as confident as I possibly could.

"How come Lemmy can bring his boyfriend over and I can't?!" Wendy yelled over to Kamek causing both me and Lemmy to blush.

"He's not my boyfriend, Wendy!" Lemmy hissed.

"Oh please, you're holding hands!" She snapped.

"Does this mean Lemmy is going to become a prince?" Larry asked out of the blue.

"Of course not, Lemmy would be the worse koopa to be a prince!" Roy added laughing alongside Morton and Larry.

"He'd be a cool prince! Like, every child would love him." Iggy stated.

"GUYS, WE ARE NOT DATING!!" Lemmy shouted causing the whole room to become quiet including myself.

"Whatever." Everyone said in unison and continued onto their activities.

"As Master Lemmy probably mentioned to you; I have fixed a plate for you. It's in the oven." Kamek said clearing his throat and heading over to the oven to retrieve my food.

"Th-thank you so much, Sir Kamek. You didn't have to." I said taken away from his generosity.

"It's no issue to me! A friend of Lord Bowser is a friend of mine." He smiled grabbing the plate from out of the oven.

The sound of Bowser's name sent chills down my spine and made my heart pound once more. Did he have Kamek do this for me?? If so, why???

I walked over to Kamek to grab the plate from out of his hand and set it down at the dinning room table where Lemmy and I sat. Kamek made a traditional breakfast that included bacon, eggs, pancakes, hash browns, and sausages. It looked very delicious and I began to eat as soon as I sat down.

Lemmy played on his phone while I ate so not to distract me. All of a sudden we heard loud footsteps coming closer to the kitchen. I immediately knew who it was and braced myself for an interrogation by the Koopa King himself. None of the others seemed affected by his coming presence and were all focused on the activities they were doing.

Coming out of the corridor leading to the dinning room came Bowser in all his glory. Well his attempt at glory. He came in yawning loudly and scratching the side of his stomach before locking eyes with me.

"Oh! Afternoon, Green!" He grinned from ear to ear. "Glad to see you're awake." He came over beside us and leaned down on the chair next to me. "Pardon my absence, I must've dozed off while in my bedroom. I hope the others have made you feel at home while I was unable to be around."

"Uhm, yea..." I swallowed my food and looked down at my plate feeling a knot in my stomach begin to form. Lemmy noticed and spoke up for me.

"Your Grossness, with all due respect, Luigi has had a rough night and is still recovering." Lemmy said timidly not wanting to anger Bowser.

"I'm aware." He stated not breaking eye contact with Lemmy.

Neither of them said another word to each other and Bowser simply got up and walked over to Junior and his friends acting as if nothing happened.

"I don't know why he's been so grouchy." Lemmy whispered not wanting others to hear.

I chuckled at his response and looked over at Bowser who was now joyfully playing with his son and his friends and I couldn't help but smile at his behavior. It was a really sweet sight, however my short lived sight of Bowser ended when he looked over at me with what I could only describe as some sort of hesitation. I quickly turned away from him and continued to eat the rest of my meal.