Chapter Four

It was only an hour left until the lantern festival started and Mario was still running around making sure everything was in place and up to his standards. I decided to sit in the decorated living room to let some time pass since Daisy went back home to change into her knight uniform. I hope she comes soon because the castle is so boring without her.

"Hey, Luigi! Can you go in the kitchen and make some jingle juice for the party?" Mario peeped his head inside of the room and seemed very rushed, which I know he was. I turned around from my seat to meet his gaze.

"Alright." I sighed and gradually got up from my spot on the couch and walk over to the door to meet him. He was still wearing his clothes from earlier and seemed pretty out of breath.

"You're the best, bro!" With that, he quickly ran the opposite direction the kitchen was before I could let out another word.

"No problem..." I trudged my way to the kitchen passing by a mirror to check myself out. I did a few little poses and situated my crown in a better position on my head. Daisy was right, this outfit does look nice on me! I made my way into the main corridor to see a dozen toads running to and from different room and I could help but laugh to myself since Mario is usually never this unprepared for something. I made it to the kitchen to see even more toads still finishing up some of the meals for tonight and oh my lord, everything looked so good.

"Evening, Prince Luigi!" Toadette said from the back of the kitchen stirring up what seemed to be a pot of soup.

"Good evening, Toadette, whatcha making?" I walked over to her taking a peep inside the pot.

"You're favorite! Clam chowder!" She beamed while continuing to stir the delicious looking soup.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I just about hugged her, but prevented myself from doing so, so I wouldn't unbalance her.

"Only a million times." She chuckled and proceeded to continue making her soup by tasting a bit of it and then seasoning it. "Want to try some?"

I smiled from ear to ear and instantly nodded my head. She lifted up her ladle from the pot and then blew on the soup to cool it down for me. I could hardly contain my excitement and waited for her to put the ladle near my mouth.

"Here you go, darling." She brought the ladle to my mouth to take a sip of the soup and once the soup hit my tongue, I almost fainted by how delicious it was.

"Toadette, I love your clam chowder so much!" I said with soup still partially in my mouth.

"I know, dear, but swallow your food first." She smiled and proceeded to continue cooking. With that, I kissed her on the cheek and headed over to the cabinet where we put our large glass bowl at. I climbed on top of the counter to be able to reach it and grabbed it from the cabinet shelf. I hopped down and brought the bowl over to the island counter. I absolutely loved making jungle juice, it was pretty much the only good thing that I could make, you can thank my university days for that. I had a toad bring me the ingredients for the drink and proceeded to mix the alcohol, juice, and fruit together to create a greenish-blue liquid. I took a sip from the bowl and scrunched up my face from the strong flavor of alcohol.

"Delicious."

"Hey, you guys want to try some jungle juice?" I asked the kitchen full of toads and they promptly said 'yes' and began to walk over to me. "Okay, we can't take too much or else Mario'll notice." I chuckled and proceeded to give everyone a small tablespoon of juice in their own individual cup. They exclaimed at the taste of the alcohol and most of them complimented me on the taste. I smiled at their compliments and then put a lid on the bowl so I could carry it over to the main hall to place on top of a table. As I placed the bowl on the table, I heard the doorbell ring and I quickly ran to the door to see Daisy and Peach...in dresses?