she nodded and made her way to the hill as mark followed behind, clutching his guitar out of nervousness.

"i think here is good." lianne said as she placed down the blanket in a place where the air hit nicely and the trees gave some sort of cover from the hot sun.

"so mr.marker, how have you been since the last time i saw you?" lianne asked, adjusting her sundress as she sat down and patted the spot next to her for him to sit.

"pretty good ms.wong lijing." mark said in a posh voice, succeeding in making her laugh.

"i can't believe you pulled out the government name minhyung." lianne teased making mark cringe slightly yet smile. she had still remembered the time where mark told her his korean name when they were texting not too long ago.

"dude don't do that!" mark exclaimed, gently shoving lianne who laughed at his reaction.

"it's just fun doing that." she said, pinching his cheek a bit which made him scrunch his nose.

"okay okay, now show me these songs you wrote." lianne ushered and mark immediately grinned and opened the guitar case, excited to show off his passion.

mark tuned his guitar before giving it a simple strum, confirming that the chords were good. once he did that, he began to play.

his hands strummed the strings so professionally and his voice automatically became softer as he sang the lyrics to the own song he had written.

lianne swayed lightly along to the music, a small smile on her face. as mark played, lianne couldn't help but notice how content and focused mark looked when playing the guitar. it was so evident that he had a strong love for the instrument and lianne admired that. he was an admirable person.

in the middle of him playing, mark glanced up to lianne, their eyes meeting for a moment which made him flustered and stumble on his words. after all, she was really pretty and he wasn't going to deny it.

lianne suppressed a small laugh at his stumble as her smile grew wider. mark was happy that she was enjoying it so he gave a small smile in return as he continued to sing.

sadly, the song had ended and liane frowned, not wanting it to end so soon. mark was quick to notice her frown and immediately began to think that it was bad.

"did you not like it? was it actually bad?" mark asked and lianne's furrowed her brows as she shook her head.

"then why are you frowning?"

"i'm just sad that such a good song had to end already." lianne said and mark breathed out a sigh of relief.

"you have a talent, mark. that was literally so good i might make you play another song for me if you have any?" lianne said, the end coming off as more of a question and once again, a bright smile was put on mark's face as he began to play another song.

the two stayed in the park for a good few hours, talking and getting to know a lot more about each other.

around 4 hours later, the two decided to return back, after getting cups of fruit, mark obviously buying watermelon and lianne buying strawberries. lianne decided to pay as a treat for him playing his songs to her.

soon enough, the two stood in front of lianne's house door, preparing to say goodbye.

"i had fun today. i really enjoyed listening to your songs and then getting to know you more." lianne said, smile not leaving her face.

"i did too. we should definitely hang out again soon and thanks for even offering to listen to any of my songs. not many people do want to listen or i just get scared but somehow, i wasn't scared to play in front of you. maybe i was just a bit nervous but not completely terrified." mark said making lianne laugh a bit at how adorable he could be.

"i agree. we should definitely hang out again soon," lianne paused a bit, wondering if she should say the next thing as mark just kind of looked at her, wondering if she was gonna continue.

with a bit of courage, lianne decided to continue her sentence.

"we should hang out again soon but maybe not call it a hang out and instead a date?" she said, shyly squeaking out the last part.

a lot of people would say it was too fast considering she had known him for about a week or two but she really felt a connection with the boy so far, especially after how amazing today went.

"you're asking me? out on a date?" mark asked, wanting to clarify her words. his eyes were wide and he was clearly shocked.

"yeah.. it's if you want though! i just hope that me asking won't make anything awkward between us." lianne said, cringing at herself for all of a sudden becoming awkward in front of the boy she was once comfortable and bold in front of.

"i mean- i would love to go on a date with you. i just thought that it was usually supposed to be the guy asking." mark said and lianne gave him a confused look before laughing a bit.

"it's 2021 mark. we break the gender norms around here." lianne told him which made him laugh as well.

"got me there. so.. when should we have this date?" mark asked, fidgeting with his hands out of nervousness and excitement for the day that had yet to come.

"weekend? gives me enough time to actually think of places to go." lianne said and mark nodded.

"then, saturday it is. a date. dude that sounds so new to me." mark said , shocked with the fact that he had a date now.

"never been on one?" lianne asked and he shook his head.

"i was always too focused on school and music to actually go on dates." mark confessed and lianne certainly felt special at that point and time.

"i'm glad to be the first then." she said with a smile which mark returned.

"i'll see you saturday then." mark said.

"yeah. i'll see you." lianne said and gave him a hug, a partial thank you gift for agreeing to go on a date with her and for making the day amazing. mark did not hesitate to return the hug.

"have a good rest of the day, lianne. i'll text you when i get home." mark said as he released from the hug.

"you too, mark. and i'll be waiting for the text." she replied with a smile.

mark then began to walk back to his car, waving to her until her entered the drivers side which made her laugh a bit.

she waited for him to drive off before entering the house.

as soon as she entered, she let out a delighted squeal from the experience.

she was already so excited for the date with the cute guy who loved watermelon and guitar playing, otherwise known as mark lee.

———————————————————————————
hiii

how do you guys feel about this chapter? and how do you feel about mark and lianne? lmk please please !

please vote and comment as well!

lots of love,
t <3