PART 26: you stupid bitch

steve: baby i'm almost done here i promise i get to see your pretty face soon

he continues to say some things on the phone and i decide to whip out my own and record some audio of the conversation, in case of need for later use. i finally muster up the courage to walk around the corner and steve's eyes dart to mine. he was tall, and had dark hair and was big. aka really scary, the way he towered over me.

steve: hey uh y/n right?

me: yea

he reaches his hand out to shake mine and i do it out of the courtesy of being polite.

steve: well you are very beautiful y/n

me: oh uh-

steve: so beautiful

he leans down to kiss me and i shove him off.

me: what the hell do you think you're doing! i whisper yell to him

steve: trying to have a good time he leans down again

me: no are you crazy?! like actually crazy? you're disgusting for cheating on your wife.

steve: you have no proof

me: try me

i say before i storm off angrily. i collect myself on the way back and say i left something outside. i run out and grab chris by the arm. sorry kids i have to talk to uncle chris for a second! i pull him away far enough where no one can hear us.

chris: what's up?

me: just listen

i pull out my phone and play the video of steve talking around the corner and we both lean down our ears to hear it.

steve on video:

i'm sorry babe my wife's family is all here i can't leave yet. i promise i'll be with you as soon as possible. no this bitch doesn't know anything! i promise you i'll be with you soon baby

the video ends and i look up at chris and he looks shocked

chris: is that steve?

me: yes and then i confronted him then he tried to kiss me-

chris: i'm going to fucking kill him

he runs inside and i run after him calling chris!!

chris: you think you can just cheat on my sister? he storms to steve and steve stands up

chris keeps yelling at him, "who the fuck do you think you are?!" steve keeps shooting back "i have no idea what your talking about" and it eventually gets physical. i pull chris off of steve and thankfully the kids were still outside completely distracted and oblivious to the big adult problems inside.

shauna: what is he talking about steve? her voice breaks

steve: shauna-

shauna: what does he mean steve! she yells

chris: y/n play it

me: i-

steve: i will never let you see the light of day again girl

i tremble but i look at the man dead in the eyes for a minute. i'm shaking with fear and i reach for my phone and i play the video. the video draws out and i look over at shauna and see tears in her eyes.

steve: you stupid bitch he tries to attack me

he storms up to me and shoves me into a wall. his hands come around my throat and i can't breathe. i feel like i'm dying, my lungs are shredding, and chris just socks him across the face. before steve can punch chris back mike holds him back. chris hugs me and i fall into his arms, trying to catch my breathe.