PART 25: cheater cheater pumpkin eater...

i wake up the next morning and find chris's button down on the floor. i decide to throw it on over my bra and underwear and i walk downstairs. i scrunch up my hair to attack an itch on my scalp.

me: good morning scott

his face was buried deep in his eggs before he looks up at me. his eyes grow big and he quickly turns away and laughs

me: what?

scott: what are you wearing!

me: boy, are you not gay?

scott: i am but still!! he laughs

me: calm your pants big boy. where's chris?

scott: he's-

the door opens and i see chris holding a bunch of groceries. he looks at me doe eyed as i get out the apple juice from the fridge. he drops the white plastic bags on the counter and runs over to wrap his hands around my waist.

chris: what are you wearing

me: your shirt

chris: yeah and it's very cute just not around my brother he kisses my cheek

me: okay you are so overreacting! i laugh and rip his arms away from me

i close the fridge and open the pantry the get out a bagel. i pop it in the toaster and pour myself a glass of apple juice. chris sits at the counter next to scott and we all talk about tonight.

chris: what time did mom want us over

scott: she said 4 ish

me: what do i even wear to this sort of thing i say placing my hand on the counter and leaning my hips back, crossing a leg over the other

scott: nothing too fancy i mean just some sweats

me: okay not that i wouldn't love to wear sweatpants i cannot wear that to meet my boyfriends family

chris: like he said, just nothing too fancy

*pop*

i quickly get my bagel out of the toaster and i remember this thing alex used to always make for me.

me: hey do you have anyone cinnamon sugar?

scott: uhhh i should

he gets up out of his chair and tosses me a small container of cinnamon sugar. i start to spread some butter on my bagel and i sprinkle the delicious powder on top, making a slight mess on the paper plate.

chris: what are you doing?

me: just try it

chris: i-

before he can get out a sentence i stick the bagel in his mouth. he takes a bite and i take my breakfast back. he lets out a mmm!

me: i know right!

i sit next to chris and enjoy my meal with my glass of juice and chris holds my exposed thigh. i finish up eating and spend the whole day lazy. i throw on some leggings and an old BU sweatshirt. i put on some cute nikes, grab my phone and run downstairs.

we drive and drive until we parallel park outside what i can only assume is chris and scott's childhood home. i let out a deep breathe and get out of the car. chris places his hand on the small of my back before he gives a knock on the door. an older woman opens the door.

chris and scott: ma! both their boston accents come out

lisa: oh boys come here! i missed you she hugs both of them separately