PART 7: boys night huh?

it's been a week since chris and i kissed. we have just been...normal ever since. matthew and i have been on one date since the first. we have another tonight. chris seemed a little upset when i told him about this third date with matthew, but i'm ending it with him tonight. i was gonna surprise chris with it so i didn't tell him but i get ready, put on a long black silky dress, some gold jewelry, and i curled my y/h/c hair. i put on some black heels and walk downstairs. i see chris, to my surprise, dressed up a little too. white button down and dark blue dress pants.

me: oh well look who else is all dressed up?

chris: night out with the boys

me: yeah? here i walk up to him and drag my finger through the top 3 buttons, undoing them and leaving his chest open. you look better that way

chris: thanks

me: oh- i uh think matthew is here. i'll see you when i get back

chris: okay, have fun he said in a monotone voice

me: i won't if i'm not with youuu i say walking out the door and smiling back at him

i hear chris chuckle and i walk out. i hug matthew hello and we get into his car. we listen to the shitty radio music and pull up to this fancy dinner spot. paparazzi is already waiting for us, but we quickly shuffle inside. we enjoy a beautiful dinner and we have an overall good night. we sneak out the back door to where the car was brought around, and we stand and talk for a second.

matthew: hey can i ask you something? he looks at the ground

me: yea anything

matthew: what are we? his eyes make contact with him

me: matthew i- i need to tell you something

matthew: there's someone else

me: there's someone else tears brim my eyes

matthew: hey hey it's okay. we were never official so you didn't cheat. can i ask you another question?

me: yes

matthew: was he before or after me?

me: i met him before but i- i fell for him after.

matthew: well then let me tell you this. if you ever love two people, but your told you can only love one, chose the second

me: matt why are you telling me to pick the other guy?

matthew: because if you loved the first guy enough you wouldn't have fallen for the second guy

me: matthew i-

matthew: it's okay y/n. friends? he leaves out his hand

me: friends. thank you i shake his hand

matthew: yeah of course

he bends down a little to my level and kisses me on the cheek. after he does i just hug him tightly. he hugs me back and i cry in his shoulder. he lets go of my back and moves his hands up to my face and uses his thumbs to wipe my tears. i chuckle and hug him goodbye one last time.

he offers to drive me home, but i order an uber. i sit in the back of the car, silently crying my eyes out. i pay the uber and run up to the front door. i fiddle with my keys trying to unlock the door. i hear some noises inside but i think maybe it's just the tv. i open the door and my heart drops into my stomach.

i see chris, white shirt all unbuttoned, on the couch with a brunette girl straddling his hips. they were making out on the couch. both their heads dart to me as i slam the door shut.

me: boys night huh?