Bouquet of Roses // Wanda x Reader

Start from the beginning

"See, I told you. Usually, I'm the one in the back, but we decided she will do the flowers today and I get to greet our lovely customers. I'm Y/N, by the way," Y/N smiled, stretching her hand out to Wanda who just stood there with a confused look on her face.

"Wanda," she replied softly as she shook Y/N's hand.

"Yeah, I know."

"You do?"

"Of course! You've only been coming in here for the past two months so..."

"Right..."

"So, one bouquet of red roses?" Y/N asked.

"Yes and of white and pink ones too, please" Wanda replied, with a small smile.

"Must be a special day today, huh?" Y/N asked, hoping to get an answer.

Wanda just looked away.

"Alright, I'll have Natasha fix them up now."

"Thank you..." Wanda replied so softly, Y/N barely caught what she said.

______________________________________________

"So, I'm guessing her husband isn't tired of flowers after all?" Natasha asked.

"She looks so sad, Nat. It's starting to hurt my heart," Y/N frowned.

"It's Monday. She probably just had a bad day at work. Don't think too much about it," Natasha offered a smile.

"But she looks like... like super sad today."

"You look like that 7 days a week, though?" Natasha joked.

"That's different and you know that, Nat."

"Whatever," Natasha stated as she handed Y/N the three bouquets of roses.

"Give her these, it looks like she's in a hurry," Natasha pointed at Wanda who kept fidgeting her fingers and pacing around the floor, looking more impatient than upset.

"I apologize if that took awhile," Y/N spoke as she handed Wanda the bouquets.

"It's alright. I just have some stuff to take care of. How much for these?" Wanda replied.

Y/N quickly thought about what she could do to paint a smile on Wanda's face.

"Don't worry about it. On the house," Y/N replied with a smile.

"Oh. Are you sure? I don't mean to be a bother."

"Don't worry about it... and you know what? Maybe next time we could deliver those for you to free up some of your time?" Y/N asked.

"Oh no, that's too much to ask of you. It's fine, really. I can handle this."

"It's nothing, really. You've been coming here for a while now, it's about time we did you some favors."

"Trust me, these gorgeous bouquets are enough favors."

"They hardly are. You pay for them. Just let us take care of—"

"I said it's fine!!!" Wanda snapped.

Y/N stood there, speechless.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I just... I'm sorry." And with that, Wanda rushed out the door.

______________________________________________