18: Detective's call

Start from the beginning

Roni: Are you out of your mind? You want to go back to that person? Did you forget how you suffered? Did you forget how Hwanie suffer because of him?

(Roni said Trying his best to not outburst on jin.)

Jin: He threatened me.

Roni: Off course he will. Why the hell you intentionally fall in his trap? You knew he will do anything to save Hwanie. He just tried his luck blindly and you gave in easily.

Jin: I know.

Roni: Why Jin? Why? Was all that suffering not enough for you?

Now they both were silent. Roni sat on the chair in front of Jin. He didn't understand why Jin would do something like that in first place. His eyes filled with tears when he heard what Jin said next with weak voice.

Jin: I want to be selfish.............................................................. I don't want people to mock Hwanie as orphan in future. I know THEY will take good care of him like a son, but In future, I don't want Hwanie to blame me for not letting him spent his childhood with his biological father when Jungkook wanted to take care of him. And ........................and................................................. I don't know what I am doing is right or not but I want to spend my remaining time with Jungkook. ...............................I want to close my eyes forever while smiling at Hwanie in Jungkook's embr-

Roni: HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT DYING. IT'S CURABLE. THERE IS SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT FOR IT. WE WILL FIND A WAY. (Sob) Why are you not fighting? (Sob) Why you always forgot that there is son and I waiting here for you? (Sob) Why?

Jin: I .........................I am tired, Roni. .....................................I am tired of fighting........................I am tired of this life.............................................. I know you and THEY will take good care of Hwanie. Even Jungkook and others will now. ................You guys can provide him way more than I could. Better Education, Better food, everything.

Roni: But he need you more than all that Jin. (Sob) Why don't you understand? (Sob) He didn't even live one day without you beside him.

Jin: He is kid that's why he do that. As he gets older, He will forgot me eventually only remembering in pictures.

Roni: JIN. (Roni yelled and abruptly stand and went to Jin, taking his hand in his.) P-please don't talk like t-this. (Sob) We need you Jin. Hwanie need you. Please understand.

Jin looked at his best friend. He was the one who was there with him in his hard times. He was the only one who he could share his pain wholeheartedly. Since four years, he always listen to him but not this time. He has made his mind. He had decided that he would spend his last days with Jungkook and Hwanie, and leave the matter of Hwanie's custody to Hwanie himself. From the beginning, he had made sure, Hwanie would take every possible decision of his life himself. He didn't force anything on his son until and now he won't force this decision also. IT will be Hwanie who would pick between Jungkook and THEM, not Jin.

Meanwhile Jungkook was standing outside the building of Roni's apartment, waiting for his son and husband. It's been an hour since they went inside. He drop them in front of the door but that Roni guy didn't invite him inside. HE got the hint that he has to spend his time outside. On other time he would have spent his time in his car which was parked few meters away but he decided not to. He was courting Jin now. What if Jin decided to go on his own when not seeing him outside? So he sat on one of the dirty stair waiting for them.

Jungkook's phone ring. He looked at the number, unknown number. It was really rare for him to get a call from unknown number since his number is private and only few people have it. Nonetheless he picked the phone.

JK: "Hello?"

Unknown: Is this Mr. Jeon Jungkook?

Jk: yes.

Unknown: I am detective Lee. You must have heard my name from Mr. Kim Namjoon. He hired me on your case about the matter of fake DNA test.

Jungkook got alert. Did he find something? Did he found who have done it? He will torture the person to death. Jungkook compose himself in a second. Not wanting to seem unprofessional. But he still couldn't hide his excitement.

JK: Yes. Yes. Hyung told me. So did you find anything?

Unknown: um actually yes. But I want to tell it in person Mr. Jeon. Please tell me when you are free, when I could meet you?

Jk: Okay. I am free after eight this evening. You could meet me at IN's hotel at 9pm. I would call Namjoon al-

Unknown: No Mr. Jeon. If I wanted Mr. Kim to know this, I would have call him since he was the one who hired me. But after the thing that I found out I couldn't trust anyone beside you not even Mr. Kim. That's why call you directly. Don't tell anyone about our meeting not even you're family and your band mates. I will hang up now. See you at 9pm.